West Ham lineup

Re: Match Thread City Vs West Ham

After a few days thought, I've had a change of heart about the team.

...........................Hart
Zabaleta......Kompany.....Lescott.......Kolarov
.........................De Jong
...........Silva......................Milner
...Balotelli...........Dzeko..............Johnson

Subs: Taylor, Boyata, Vieira, Yaya Touré, Barry, Jo, Wright-Phillips.

GerBlueBear said:
I'm trying to not be over confident for this one. Being home settles my nerves a bit but despite the Hammers losing 3-0 at Chelsea they had thier chances, we all know we can't take any team lightly in the Prem but as it's a home game and the Champs League is ours to lose really I fully expect Mancini to pack the midfield and boss them around. I'd love to see us go all out but Hammers ain't no mugs so I reckon our team could either be unchanged or I would like to see it as;

---------------------Hart---------------------
Zaba------Kompany-------Lescott------Kolarov
-------------------De Jong-------------------
-------Milner--------Yaya--------Barry-------
--------------------------Silva---------------
-----------------Dzeko-----------------------

Give the freedom for Kolarov and Zaba to get forward and supply some crosses. AJ won't like it if he read this but as he's done a few times this season I would feel more comfortable him coming off the bench to save the day or have a positive impact if needed. Also, discipline is needed here so I've opten for Dzeko over Balo as I have confidence in Dzeko (particularly his heading) and Balo can be as good an impact player as anyone.
As much as I love Džeko, lol, we still can't trust him to get goals week in week out (yet)

Also, Silva isn't much of a goal threat,

Milner isn't a winger that can get shots away like AJ,

Yaya is more than capable of scoring but at the end of the day he's a DM,

Kolarov gets a few great shots away but we'd be asking alot if we expected him to score,

And the rest probably get 5 goals between them a season...

We'd be asking alot for that team to score from open play, and even with Džeko, Lescott, Kompany, Boyata and Yaya with Kolarov to asisst I can safely say that I wouldn't put money on us scoring from a corner/indirect set peice/long thow, so that team IMO has 0-0 written all over it...

Here's mine:

_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta__Kompany__Lescott__Kolarov
_______________Džeko_____________

Or maybe with Milner on one of the wings for AJ/Balo...

This way AJ, Kolarov & Zaba can get crosses in for Džeko, whilst Yaya & Silva can create wonders through the middle :)

_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta__Kompany__Lescott__Kolarov
__________________Silva___________
_______________Džeko_____________

I may get bagged for this idea... but why not give Milner some game time in the middle where he likes to play, against West ham at home I think it would be a great chance for him to get some confidence?

maybe swap Silva for Balotelli?

______|_______|_______|_______|
______|__________hart_________|
___________-toure____________________
____-silva_____________________-johnson
_____________________-balotelli_______
___________-dzeko___________________

I'd want silva and balotelli moving around creating space, and johnson crossing the ball in and dzeko getting on the end of it. hart on the edge of his box, and keeping our back 4 near the halfway line. toure can make dangerous runs and de jong has defenders and a keeper he can trust to back him. keep possession with that team, turn it on and we can dominate the match. This team is bottom of the league, remember. Attack. I don't want to see the ball in our half. milner, barry and swp on the bench, for this one. be ready. wet spam can be dirty and they are desperate.

Provisional West Ham squad apparently

Green, Jacobsen, Tomkins, Upson, Hitzlsperger, Piquionne, Spector, Ba, Cole, Boffin, Reid, Da Costa, Boa Morte, Obinna, Collison, Keane

Missing some key players,hopefully will bode well.

Just getting back to the "aren't west ham such a lovely club with wonderful fans just like ours" theme; Well no they ain't.
Those on their website giving it large for us with a mix of adoration and man-love are in a tiny minority IMO and the rest are just the usual violent little alf garnets that they always were (mockny wide boys in the main)
I've worked and ergo lived in London many times down the years and those I met were invariably dyed in the wool racists and coke heads.

I hope dearly that we stuff them 4-0 and play our part in sending them down.

hisroyalblueness said:
Just getting back to the "aren't west ham such a lovely club with wonderful fans just like ours" theme; Well no they ain't.
Those on their website giving it large for us with a mix of adoration and man-love are in a tiny minority IMO and the rest are just the usual violent little alf garnets that they always were (mockny wide boys in the main)
I've worked and ergo lived in London many times down the years and those I met were invariably dyed in the wool racists and coke heads.

I hope dearly that we stuff them 4-0 and play our part in sending them down.

Ok,thanks for that....

FantasyIreland said:
Provisional West Ham squad apparently

Green, Jacobsen, Tomkins, Upson, Hitzlsperger, Piquionne, Spector, Ba, Cole, Boffin, Reid, Da Costa, Boa Morte, Obinna, Collison, Keane

Missing some key players,hopefully will bode well.
No Parker?

AJ has to play for City as I don't see a recognised left back in that squad

If Parker doesn't make it along with Noble, I see no reason for two holding midfielders. Barry to bench and same as Sunderland.

BTW, no Freddie Sears? I haven't heard of him being injured but he isn't on that list.

Is Richards fit for this?

---------------------------Hart-----------------------
Zabaleta------Kompany------Lescott------Kolarov
-------------------------De Jong---------------------
Milner-------Y.Toure---------Silva--------Johnson
--------------------------Dzeko----------------------

Subs: Taylor, Richards, Boyata, Vieira, Barry, SWP, Balotelli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.