West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s much worse up here than down South , if it were me I’d really think twice about the travel, further North you go the worse it is and it may get cancelled whilst you are en route. Not a safe day for driving so far. Could be proven wrong but we have the same dilemma and I only live 90 minutes drive from Manchester! Gusts forecast over 100km per hour between 12-4pm in Manchester. We are pathetic at understanding the needs of fans to get advanced warning ( including the West Ham fans). Remember I was already in the stadium when they cancelled the Borussia match
Wise words. I'm 2 miles from the ground and its bad. I think the game will be on but no.way would i travel any distance in this. Might not go myself.

You are Michael Fish and I claim my £5!

Ha ha and we all know how accurate he was! No hurricane predicted and a few hours later I am getting battered in the English channel. Should have got off the ship at 11pm and finally got off at 4:30 am, Dover looked like a war zone. Got to the digs, made a sandwich and coffee and all the power went off.

Where I am the rain has eased off, and the wind isn’t THAT bad, just heavy wind every couple of mins when it gusts. I am more optimistic about the game being on

If it’s anything like the last postponement, ECL game, the GMP decided 1 hour before kick-off, when I was walking up the spiral, that travelling conditions were so bad it was unsafe to travel yet thousands were already there or nearly there. So, we all had to travel home in “unsafe” conditions, thanks to the genius of the Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.