West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha and we all know how accurate he was! No hurricane predicted and a few hours later I am getting battered in the English channel. Should have got off the ship at 11pm and finally got off at 4:30 am, Dover looked like a war zone. Got to the digs, made a sandwich and coffee and all the power went off.
A bit of rain and wind won’t stop you Paul

If it’s anything like the last postponement, ECL game, the GMP decided 1 hour before kick-off, when I was walking up the spiral, that travelling conditions were so bad it was unsafe to travel yet thousands were already there or nearly there. So, we all had to travel home in “unsafe” conditions, thanks to the genius of the Police
Hopefully they will let the Merseyside police decide, they never spot anything unusual

I like people’s positivity. It does look good to calm a bit by kick off. The issue is the time they will need to call or off, 1 or 2pm it will be at the worst of the storm and the Rain and wind will have have been hitting Etihad all day. I do not see this game going ahead. I’m 25 mins from the ground. No matter my loyalty eg driving from down south for the game. If it happens go to the pub. Loads big games ahead soon , Madrid twice , Wembley, Utd away. Save your cash, time and stay safe.

Forecast for the stadium area is wind of 23mph gusting up to 49mph easing from 2:00pm onwards I doubt that this will lead to a postponement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.