West Ham post game....

The same rules apply as in the Match Thread. I know we're all annoyed at what was a pathetic performance and I daren't post my thoughts on our manager (I use the term loosely) but calling him a senile old ****, a twat or anything similar will see you banned from the thread and possibly the whole forum. So sound off but keep a lid on the most offensive language.

It's bloody difficult and to think we replaced Mancini with this guy absolute joke

MP "play my way" Premier League
MP "Play Mancini's way" Champions League.

The Engineer is engineering, he's got the team on the leash, give him the rest of the season, let's see where we go when he let's the lads off.

lazy team off the ball. brainless decisions all the time. Point is a point but shit performance

Have to agree.
The vast majority of 50/50 balls are won by the other team - either because we are afraid to go for 50/50s or just not putting in the effort, or at a push, trying to be clever and conserving energy - but however you look at it, it's costing us.

We have one mode of operation - keeping the ball and passing it about in front of a team who allow us to do so. The moment we face a team willing to get stuck in, we are found wanting.

West Ham weren't fantastic today, they were good at best, but it was their workmanlike effort that made a real difference. As much as I've criticised United for being poor and yet still managing to linger around the top of the league, the same can be said for us - we can consider ourselves quite fortunate that somehow we're still loitering near the top.

I don't understand what he's supposed to be good at? Lost all of our momentum when he came on.

It's generally accepted he's diabolical on the ball, doesn't want it and when he gets it, he usually plays a 5 yard square pass.

So he's meant to be a defensive midfielder who "sits in front of the back 4 and breaks up play." Only he doesn't do that does he? He certainly sits there, but he looks like he's running in treacle and is terrible at reading the game.

For someone who's meant to be good at winning the ball back, he's actually our worst midfielder at intercepting the ball and tackling.

So what's the purpose of him?

Lol @ Ya Ya absolutely shocking, Merlin had an off day.....I think you would find that Merlin has had a handful of off days. How about we say the same for Yaya, he's had an off day also or what do you think?

Both Merlin & Ya Ya have been fantastic for us over the years but Pelli needs to put Ya Ya on the bench in these sort of games and bring him on later in the game, today he offered very little.

When Merlin is 10% off his game every touch/pass goes astray as he has such a delicate touch.

Let's hope we can turn up on Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.