West Ham post game....

He's hammered for all of it all the time because he has no organisation over the way we play, with or without the ball, and pays no attention to detail on the oppositions' strengths and weaknesses. So his 4231 is shit, his 442 is shit and so is his 433. We are terrible for a supposed top side, we really are, and it's because of the manager. And I reckon since around November, now the players think this of the manager too and have lost faith in him.

We score some lovely goals from some individual brilliance and we win some games because we're just far better than the opposition but when the big games come round or we have a battle on our hands against well organised sides or decent top half sides we've stopped winning because the manager doesn't prepare the team properly.

This team looked great when they still had Mancini's disciplined defensive systems drilled into their psychie but were given the freedom to go and express themselves going forward. But now the defensive systems have been long forgotten and are not trained on and we are forever losing belief and confidence because of this we are just levelling out at Pellegrini's level which is just average when it comes to the top standard of this sport.

He isn't good enough and we've now become not good enough. Our passing is painfully slow to the point of being boring and very predictable and we are desperate for some defensive systems, utterly desperate. I've never seen a team need something more than us to be drilled on defensive structures. It would pep this side up no end (pun intended or not!).

I've not left a City game and thought we were brilliant today or "wow, that was great" for fucking ages!

We might well win this title but it is there fore the taking and there possibly has never and will ever be an easier title to win. But after seeing all his flaws it won't be because of this mahager that we'll win it.
I'm not completely defending him, he is a lame duck manager at present but we are stuck with it at the moment. Would replacing him with someone else work until the end of the season, I don't know, not working st Chelsea.
Keep hearing from players it's about winning things and not about the money, so you know what, they should step up and take responsibility.

the whole team was actually poor all over.....defence was a shambles and always has been this season especially with MDM in there (a player who wanted out in the summer I may add).

lack of defensive management may well cost us any silverware the way this panning out

How can you say he was better than Silva? Silva worked his socks off and nothing came off for him, yes he was poor...de Bruyne hid for 90 minutes and did precisely fuck all! he was the worst player on the pitch, those stats don't tell the actual story of what happened

KDB was poor but David was absolute dire, the worst I've ever seen him play?
Manuel has to take a lot of responsibility, the formation wasn't working and yet he sits there and does nothing?? A young lad at right back making his debut & we didn't exploit him? Manuels a nice bloke but tactics wise he's a fucking dinosaur...

Today! He was the best midfielder defensively. Most ignored every good thing he did but popped up to moan on any slight misstep. Yes it's a bluemoon story. I have given examples upon example, folks moaned when Delph was subbed and not Yaya, as if it wasn't Yaya that had done most of the better defending.

Agree with this post

Me too, he made a poor effort in the first minute though, so I can understand people getting on his back, other than that I thought he was OK, he headed at least 4 crosses/corners away that most won't have noticed, more than either CB, and Otamendi's defending of the throw in was almost child like. I thought Delph was OK, he was constantly driving us forward, but others around him weren't on form either.

On reflection I didn't think it was that good a game. Neither side played particularly fluidly or well. The entertainment for the neutral was delivered through both sides weaknesses and inadequacies.

None of the goals were really especially memorable and came about mainly through bad defending and mistakes. The most memorable thing for me was Joes save against Payet.

The only outstanding player, and I do say this with Sergio in mind was Payet, I thought he was absolutely outstanding in the very early part of the season before he came to the Etihad, he is one player we would do well to track.

All in all, a point at West Ham and being within three of the top of the league at this stage of the season is great, provided we are no worse off after next weekend, hopefully we will be in an even better position after visiting Sunderland.

I still have grave reservations about continuing with MP - I just think he's a spent force and we should look to ending the season without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.