West Ham post game....

Let's just agree to disagree you blame the manager solely I blame the players to a degree and the manager to a degree

Sure. I don't think we disagree that much to be honest. I agree with you that the players were well off form - in fact in the first 30 seconds I thought here we go, this going to be a interesting night. But my view is that it's the manager's responsibility to get the most out of his players. When you have one or two players having an off game, then fair enough, shit happens. But when you have multiple,top class players, international players, some world class players, playing well below their best <cough> for months... Then the manager has to take the blame for this.

KDB was poor but David was absolute dire, the worst I've ever seen him play?
Manuel has to take a lot of responsibility, the formation wasn't working and yet he sits there and does nothing?? A young lad at right back making his debut & we didn't exploit him? Manuels a nice bloke but tactics wise he's a fucking dinosaur...

With over 150 appearances in the championship

Thought that might be it Karen, as you know I am a fan of Mr Pellegrini but he either has a blind spot where Toure is concerned or he has instructions to keep playing him. I hope it is the former because if it were the latter it would mean that he (Mr P) is not running the team.
The problem with Karen's comment is this: Poor compared to whom? Delph? Silva? DeBryune? There were 5 mids, and only Navas was marginally better than Yaya.
I know Delph has a reputation for being a hustler. A well deserved reputation, I might add. But he spent considerable portions of the game upfield leaving Yaya ( the supposed lazy one, chasing players down) Valencia on the right corner, Payer down the middle, Byram o n the left, Kouyote slide tackle that almost injured him. Counless defensive headers on their corner kicks. It takes a considerable amount of partial viewing to claim Yaya deserved being pulled today. There were many who were far worse

Yet the story stays the same, 'Get Yaya off!' Its frankly boring to hear.

Me too, he made a poor effort in the first minute though, so I can understand people getting on his back, other than that I thought he was OK, he headed at least 4 crosses/corners away that most won't have noticed, more than either CB, and Otamendi's defending of the throw in was almost child like. I thought Delph was OK, he was constantly driving us forward, but others around him weren't on form either.

I posted a lot earlier my thoughts and Yaya is doomed with the majority of our fans now it seems, they arent objective about it, they just blame him for everything.

What exactly was the story then? You're making up your own narrative. De Bruyne had 60 touches of the ball while Silva had just 4 more. Moreover, Silva had 75% pass success. For all the criticism KDB gets about his passing, how can you oversight Dave's terrible passing tonight.

And no, Silva didn't work his socks off. You can't claim Kevin hid when he works arguably the hardest in our side and covers the most ground per minutes of any of our players. Kevin wasn't particularly great but Silva was woeful yet because of the affinity to him, you'll ignore it and attack Kev. I'm sure Dave will bounce back but attacking Kev is just absurd.
de Bruyne played further wide so has to cover more ground to help the full back out and passing stats don't tell you where any of the passes were. Silva was in the thick of it centrally and was very poor but had good movement all game and was starting to get a grip just as Iheanacho came on. de Bruyne had lots and lots of passes back to Sagna that did nothing and put the odd cross in that found our men a few times in the game and that is literally all he did in 90minutes.

The problem with Karen's comment is this: Poor compared to whom? Delph? Silva? DeBryune? There were 5 mids, and only Navas was marginally better than Yaya.
I know Delph has a reputation for being a hustler. A well deserved reputation, I might add. But he spent considerable portions of the game upfield leaving Yaya ( the supposed lazy one, chasing players down) Valencia on the right corner, Payer down the middle, Byram o n the left, Kouyote slide tackle that almost injured him. Counless defensive headers on their corner kicks. It takes a considerable amount of partial viewing to claim Yaya deserved being pulled today. There were many who were far worse

Yet the story stays the same, 'Get Yaya off!' Its frankly boring to hear.
He was bad compared to himself,no need to compare him with anyone,watch the game again before spouting rubbish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.