West Ham post game....

From what I saw, only IHEANACHO wanted to really do it today. It was all so laboured and pedestrian. Kevin doesn't seem to quite do it away from home, Silva's touch was not at its best, aguero had one of those days where he just gets lost on his own amongst big defenders, sterling was in our own half most of the time and yaya was yaya2014-16. When keleichi came on he was direct, quick, giving good movement and looking to create opportunities but without those big players turning up were always goig to struggle. So frustrating yet again.

Stuck with this prick until the summer as well!! Horrible season and the players look thoroughly fucked off! Aguero gets the equaliser and doesn't even celebrate and neither did anyone else!!! He has lost the players and silva, de Bruyne, sterling look average under this idiot!
Agüero knew he did not have time for celebrations, he wanted to pick the ball and rush to the centre spot, but the hammer thug avoided it with the ref complacency:

Same old predictable shower of shite from the clueless and inept Pellegrini.

Silva was dire. As was De Bruyne. As was Toure. Sterlings performance coming on was offensive to the fans it was that bad, absolutely vile. Awful display by the lot of them.

Kelechi looked threatening and made an impact and made the equaliser. He surely needs more game time.

Only positive from this game is that it looks like Aguero is back up and running and is looking like the class act he is.

It's heartbreaking seeing silva turn out the shite he has been since his injury. I didn't think he had it in him to play this badly. Hopefully it's just a blip.
I highlighted the passage above to make a simple point. If the above is true, then what can Pelegrini do?

Outside of Hart, our stars are not performing. Period. Has little to do with the manager. You can nitpick his selection or subs all you want. But he can't make Silva play better, or Yaya or DeBryune. That's on them.

I mean he didn't forget how to coach after September.

I highlighted the passage above to make a simple point. If the above is true, then what can Pelegrini do?

Outside of Hart, our stars are not performing. Period. Has little to do with the manager. You can nitpick his selection or subs all you want. But he can't make Silva play better, or Yaya or DeBryune. That's on them.

Period? What does that mean in English?

My issue was with hitchcliffe. But I must point out you said you agreed with him.

I'm just saying the hitchcliffe point was false. And just for kicks, Sterling was undroppable until Pelegrini started dropping him. And so was Yaya until Pelegrini benched him.last game. Silva too was benched a few games before that. And DeBryune was in a cup game ( which carries les s weight I know) but he will be benched soon too. And if we lose again, the same "Pelegrini never changes anything" diatribe will continue in absolute opposition to reality.
Mate, Hinchcliffe's point (if this is what he meant) was we played with Silva, KDB and Yaya away to a high tempo, high pressing team like WHU, when in my book I'd have started with Delph and Fernandinho with one from Silva, Yaya or KDB behind Aguero, with Sterling left and Navas right.

It was obvious from the get go that we didn't have the high energy tempo to compete. Hinchcliffe was also right in saying that based on what he could see, the only way he could see us getting control of the match was if WHU began to tire as the tempo they set would be hard to maintain over 90 minutes.

You're nitpicking over which player is better than who when its obvious that Hinchcliffe's overall point was about the team being unbalanaced with having Yaya in a midfield two and a powder puff KDB on the left. Both KDB and Silva were way below par Silva especially and its an interesting point that many times under Manuel some of our most telling performances have come when we've had an injury crisis and he's been forced to play the players available in their strongest positions.

Bayern, Roma and Sevilla all spring to mind as does the festive period of 2014. Ok in 2014, Milner ended up playing as an emergency striker because we didn't have any other options, but the point is everyone else was played in their strongest position.

Last week Yaya was 'rested' and we looked stronger in Midfield, then his agent starts making noises and Yaya's back in a midfield two away to WHU. I still maintain that we should have started with Sterling on the left and Fernandinho partnering Delph with one from KDB/Silva/Yaya behind Aguero. Its seems to be a choice between keeping the biggest stars happy or picking the most balanced team.

Thank fuck Nasri's out of the equation as that would only make the situation worse.

He keeps insisting on playing De Bruyne, Silva and Toure in the same team.

He needs to pick his bollocks up. Fernandinho and Delph get a go as our first choice midfield 2. Then he needs to play one of Silva/De Bruyne off the striker with Sterling and Navas on the flanks if he wants to play 1 up front.

But in all honesty.. We're that bad off the ball and we're that bad defensively he should just play Kelechi with Aguero up front so Aguero gets more space and then play Silva and Navas with Fernandinho and Delph.

pellegrini is that useless we haven't actually changed the way we play. We'd do a lot better than we are now if Nasri was fit and he played with Silva and we played 2 up front. The way we play cripples De Bruyne and Sterling.

Just got back. Great day slightly ruined by our clueless manager not for the first time this season. A point it good given the performance but we need to win games like that. Everybody around me to a man was moaning at the manager, wish we'd sack him now so we don't have to endure another few months of this crap. Nice to see nobody but the usual few come over to the away fans yet again. Captain Yaya and Otamendi are always first down the tunnel like they're desperate for a piss.

Had a nice chat with a bunch of hammers in the chicken shop after the game, good bunch of down to earth guys, that with respect don't get above their station. They asked what was going on with us this season. my and a few others response was simply "we've got pellegrini as manager" at first they were a little surprised to hear that then as i talked more they fully understood and likened to to Fat Sam's reign at West Ham. which i thought was actually a very good comparison. Does enough to be satisfactory without getting the most out of the team and there's plenty out there that can do better.

Last edited:
West Ham, Payet in particular where excellent but........we should be winning im afraid.

Pellegrini insists on KdB, Silva and Yaya and it just isnt working as the three of them are offering us nothing right now, especially away from home.

Defensively a nightmare and whilst he can do nothing about a defender allowing the ball to bounce like Otamendi did, he can pick a side and formation that provides some cover and doesn't leave them so exposed.

Kun brilliant as was Hart. Delph played well again thank God because i dread to think how it might have turned out had he not and with Kalechi making a real impact, thats the positives as well as the point away after looking like we would get nothing.

Im sick of seeing our players out run, out thought and out battled and im sick of seeing them suddenly trying when the game is looking lost.

For the first time tonight im sat here thinking id sack Pellegrini right now if it wasn't for knowing Pep is coming in but he is so there is no point.

We can still win the league and hopefully more but even im beginning to think we wont right now as the same mistakes are being made all the time.

Roll on the summer.
And your post perfectly sums up has been going on for the last 18 months. The crazy thing is that Manuel IS a better manager than this and aside from his season at Real, he's never had a better opportunity to prove he's up there with the world's best managers, but he seems intent on proving he's the best attack minded manager since football was invented without the nous of knowing that you also need to be defensively solid.

Whatever happens now, the worst thing we could do as a club is to get rid of him now. He's got us into this malaise so if I were Txiki or Ferran I'd be down on him to get us out of it. All of us just have to hold tight and hope he manages to get us consistently going again before its all too late.

And replace him with who ?

That's the problem. There is nobody. This is just the ramblings of a very pissed and slightly pissed off man. In truth, it's far too late to sack him now we're stuck with him until the end of the season whether i or anyone else likes it or not. Probably not going to stop me from asking for him to be sacked after every poor performance though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.