West Ham post game....

The way he got beaten for pace by Alex Song, who isn't exactly a speed demon, after playing 90 minutes, was alarming.

I sat watching and that was the exact same thing that crossed my mind. Its not just him though as week after week we are literally out run and out muscled it seems by athletes whilst our lot look like they are running in mud.

Its a real worry.

I didn't think the Fernando sub was that bad in itself. We had no one in front of the back four and risked losing the game as much as winning it. But it's the thinking that left us short in the first place that annoyed me. He put Iheanacho on for Delph, who was providing some cover, yet left Silva and De Bruyne on, both of who had been completely ineffectual. That left Yaya as the only midfielder who might have provided some defensive cover but that's just not his game. Had he taken KDB off it wouldn't have altered the defensive shape at all. Yet after two changes he then realised that Song had the run of midfield and was a danger to the chance of us getting anything out of the game so had to counter it. But if he hadn't cocked up hi subs in the first place he wouldn't have needed to do that.

I actually believe he's costing us points and that we'd be better off getting rid and letting Kidd and the players run things for the rest of the season. They all look completely pissed off with him.

I didn't think the Fernando sub was that bad in itself. We had no one in front of the back four and risked losing the game as much as winning it. But it's the thinking that left us short in the first place that annoyed me. He put Iheanacho on for Delph, who was providing some cover, yet left Silva and De Bruyne on, both of who had been completely ineffectual. That left Yaya as the only midfielder who might have provided some defensive cover but that's just not his game. Had he taken KDB off it wouldn't have altered the defensive shape at all. Yet after two changes he then realised that Song had the run of midfield and was a danger to the chance of us getting anything out of the game so had to counter it. But if he hadn't cocked up hi subs in the first place he wouldn't have needed to do that.

I actually believe he's costing us points and that we'd be better off getting rid and letting Kidd and the players run things for the rest of the season. They all look completely pissed off with him.

I agree his head is scrambled if we are out of the cup come Wednesday night we should get rid just to shake up the club and the players for the last 15 premier games and champs league.

I sat watching and that was the exact same thing that crossed my mind. Its not just him though as week after week we are literally out run and out muscled it seems by athletes whilst our lot look like they are running in mud.

Its a real worry.
Definitely, I think Fernando is far from good enough in any department, but poor fitness is a problem throughout the team, both not having the stamina to over 90 minutes or the sharpness over the first 5 yards. Or just not being fit to step on the pitch in the first place!

The biggest fitness mismatch of the season has to be at the Emirates, they were so much quicker and more energetic, like they really wanted it, and that's why I think they will win the league.

Problem is if MP goes then so will Kidd

You have called the changes spot on.

Big call to turf him right now though mate but yesterday saw several players looking disinterested for large parts and lacking any belief in what they where being asked to do.

It's sad that a manager, having been here 2 and a half years, is still scared of making the correct sub in case he upsets some players. Taking Delph off was just the "easy" option and completely wrong, plus if Dinho fit enough to be on the bench then he should have utilised him in that last 20 instead of fucking Fernando.

Irrespective still think Joe should have been off his line much quicker. To allow that ball to come into his six yard box when he had so much time to see it was criminal Imo. Not saying Otamendi couldn't have done better but if Joe reacts the goal doesn't happen. But the pundits didn't say that so of course no one will agree....

It's so frustrating when we should be getting consistency going and stringing wins together that the concentration is where it should be. Both really soft goals that could have been avoided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.