West Ham post game....

We should sell yaya this window. Benching him will create disharmony. He is a legend for me but his decline is accelerating. He no longer bosses anything on the pitch.
Get rid now.

an utter headfuck of a season in that we're still in everything and yet you can't see us winning anything!! players are plainly off the boil and yet are within reaching distance of a wembley final, a CL quarter final and a few pts from the league summit, what's it all about?

even if the management are screwing things up, which is obviously keenly debated on here, shouldnt there be enough incentive for the players to self motivate?

Yaya rightly criticised for the first goal, but Delph was just as responsible and no one seems to care. As usual, it's bash Yaya and Pellergrini for playing him, despite it being obvious that we're a far better side with Yaya, especially when he plays DM in away games

You have called the changes spot on.

Big call to turf him right now though mate but yesterday saw several players looking disinterested for large parts and lacking any belief in what they where being asked to do.
Which players looked disinterested?

Which players looked disinterested?

Honestly, Silva, Yaya, KdB and Sterling when he came on. All 4 had absolute shockers for me yesterday.

Its not just form mate and the miss placed pass or wrong ball played, its their collective attitudes to our games right now, especially their defensive responsibilities to the team as a whole.

Not good enough from any of them and they need to sort their shit out.

Yaya rightly criticised for the first goal, but Delph was just as responsible and no one seems to care. As usual, it's bash Yaya and Pellergrini for playing him, despite it being obvious that we're a far better side with Yaya, especially when he plays DM in away games
Otamendi is at fault as well for not staying in position

Although I agree with you that Yaya isn't the only one to blame it is his initial mistake/lack of attempt to defend that causes the further mistakes. I also think otamendi should know better than to step up put he back line at that moment leaving his space clear for the attacker to run into to. But Delph is busting a gut to make the front post to prevent any cross/easy shot when the ball hits him. If he stays marking his man the attacker runs at how hart with no defender to block him and shoots... He's covers front post and leaves man in middle... Lose lose situation for him.

Yaya got beat by a gut he actually tried to defend. Otamendi wrongly anticipated a pass and moved up to intercept, Kouyate beat Yaya and Otamendi was Late helping. Delph was caught ball watching and lost his man Valencia who scored. But since Yaya was involved in the play, the normal folks wee out for blood.

It was comical to read theccimments from then on.

I didn't think the Fernando sub was that bad in itself. We had no one in front of the back four and risked losing the game as much as winning it. But it's the thinking that left us short in the first place that annoyed me. He put Iheanacho on for Delph, who was providing some cover, yet left Silva and De Bruyne on, both of who had been completely ineffectual. That left Yaya as the only midfielder who might have provided some defensive cover but that's just not his game. Had he taken KDB off it wouldn't have altered the defensive shape at all. Yet after two changes he then realised that Song had the run of midfield and was a danger to the chance of us getting anything out of the game so had to counter it. But if he hadn't cocked up hi subs in the first place he wouldn't have needed to do that.

I actually believe he's costing us points and that we'd be better off getting rid and letting Kidd and the players run things for the rest of the season. They all look completely pissed off with him.

I think you hit several nails right on the head here, PB. I looked at the team and was immediately concerned by the central midfield combination of David and Ya Ya, which promised much when we had the ball but lacked any kind of solidity when we didn't. Delph is energetic but is not going to provide the kind of solidity we require on his own. Within a minute we had proof positive that Ya Ya does not have the tippy tappy feet to turn and stay with any but the slowest and clumsiest of forwards. Our central defenders then impersonated bees swarming to an imaginary honey pot leaving Antonio (?) a generous five metre radius circle to hammer home. We responded well, or at least Kun did, but it was still nevertheless clear that Pellers was playing Ya Ya in a screening/deep role, to which he is completely unsuited, so that he could find room for David, Kevin and Jesus (so Raheem could be rested for Wednesday?) and that, not only is David almost non-existent defensively, his distribution is also lamentable at the moment and he has little impact in attack. KdB was also of marginal importance (does the formation suit him away from home?) and the middle third of the field was a City free zone for much of the time. It is really frustrating that the problems we are having are the old ones from the start of the 2013-14 season which have never gone away; in 2013-14 Vinnie, Ya Ya Kun, and David managed to mask them but three of them are now showing the effects of age and long seasons, yet Pellers still chimes out that he's committed to attacking football! For the second goal...fast asleep.

West Ham are a good side, but they're not Barca or Bayern. That central midfield of ours does not compare with either of the latter when we don't have the ball. We got a point yeaterday, Kun could easily have won the game for us but we nearly lost because Pellers doesn't devote enough attention to how we play without the ball. We may still win the title (I think we will) but we are in a scrap we should be clear of and we don't compare with the "big three" of European football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.