West Ham post game....

Both Aguero and Silva now have shook their heads in disbelieve on the substitutions Pellegrini has made.
Today was poor, the complete wrong set up.
Never seen a manager so tactically inept!

We need to start winning these games, but Pellers is due at least some credit for his subs. When losing with 15 minutes to go he changed to 4-1-4-1 and we scored. Once we had something to hold on to we brought on an extra midfielder for Silva who was poor. I don't think he did too much wrong in terms of subs. IMO his biggest mistake was not stating Fernando (an unpopular player but holds his defensive position better than both Yata and Delph). The defensive was also unorganised of course, and that starts on the training pitch.

Honestly, Silva, Yaya, KdB and Sterling when he came on. All 4 had absolute shockers for me yesterday.

Its not just form mate and the miss placed pass or wrong ball played, its their collective attitudes to our games right now, especially their defensive responsibilities to the team as a whole.

Not good enough from any of them and they need to sort their shit out.
Yaya yesterday looked anything but disinterested. He busted a gut chasing down faster players. Silva was trying hard too. He moved around looked for space tried to make things happen but nothing came.

This is not disinterest in my eye, just bad form. Same with DeBryune. Chased everything down, and was running all day. Maybe Sterling showed a little disinterest as he was not happy to not be a starter, but bar him, everyone else was fighting. Just wasn't working as well.

interesting debate on the first goal; Ya Ya, Ota and Delph all blamed.

I'd say Ya Ya was primarily at fault for being totally square on and not ushering the man towards the byline and slowing the attack. His mistake put Otamendi and Delph under pressure immediately. If you watch Valencia, Ota is stood with him until the man skins Ya Ya (Delph had passed him on if you watch the shape). Delph has seen this and is already on his way to intercept the cross (which he manages to do, sort of). VALencia moves away from Ota and, crucially, this is where it breaks down. Ota should have followed his man into the centre as Delph was coming across. Or do we not know all the facts? did someone tell Ota to go? and delph to stay? dunno. but on face value, ya ya put those two in a predicament which i think Ota failed to manage.

Yaya yesterday looked anything but disinterested. He busted a gut chasing down faster players.

I completely disagree mate. He may have been disciplined positionally yesterday but that doesn't mean not moving out of the centre circle for the first 45 mins and barely tracking a runner. Watch him at set pieces and the amount of times he is stood still whilst runners come off him.

I dont buy the legs have gone bit im afraid, his head has gone, checked out already and looks like he cant be arsed half the time.

An all time great for us who is doing all he can to sully a hard earnt reputation.

Otamendi had a nightmare yesterday. Even worse than anything Mangala has shown and that takes some doing. Our defensive set up is a joke.
Nothing to do with our defense set up. Just Otamendi making 2 costly error.

As I keep pointing out to anyone who'd listen, we give up the fewest chances a game in the league. That is not a typo. No team in the league concedes fewer shots than City. Not West Ham, not United, not Arsenal, not the gengenpressing Liverpool, or Tothenham or Leicester. No one.

Yep, the clueless Pelegrini defense concedes the fewest # of shots a game.

I completely disagree mate. He may have been disciplined positionally yesterday but that doesn't mean not moving out of the centre circle for the first 45 mins and barely tracking a runner. Watch him at set pieces and the amount of times he is stood still whilst runners come off him.

I dont buy the legs have gone bit im afraid, his head has gone, checked out already and looks like he cant be arsed half the time.

An all time great for us who is doing all he can to sully a hard earnt reputation.
I was talking about yesterday. He played hard.

interesting debate on the first goal; Ya Ya, Ota and Delph all blamed.

I'd say Ya Ya was primarily at fault for being totally square on and not ushering the man towards the byline and slowing the attack. His mistake put Otamendi and Delph under pressure immediately. If you watch Valencia, Ota is stood with him until the man skins Ya Ya (Delph had passed him on if you watch the shape). Delph has seen this and is already on his way to intercept the cross (which he manages to do, sort of). VALencia moves away from Ota and, crucially, this is where it breaks down. Ota should have followed his man into the centre as Delph was coming across. Or do we not know all the facts? did someone tell Ota to go? and delph to stay? dunno. but on face value, ya ya put those two in a predicament which i think Ota failed to manage.
That's about accurate. Even though I'd c say Kouyate beat Yaya by faking an intent to pass to the middle then bolting Left as opposed to Yaya didn't defend.

I was talking about yesterday. He played hard.

With respect mate i disagree.

Yaya, Silva and KdB offer the side nothing defensively, especially away from home.

Ive defended the players and Pellegrini all season and ever since he walked through the door but its all wrong right now and he shows no sign of knowing how to fix it and the players looked fucked off over it as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.