West Ham - post match thread

Amazing first half performance that showed fluidity, composure and cutting edge. The goal put us on the back foot a little for ten minutes but we controlled the rest of the game, much to Niall Quinn's annoyance. If you were listening only to the verbal commentary, you would feel that West Ham dominated the second half which was far from the truth. The matchday forum was similar; panic stricken members complaining about players having no composure when I seemed to be watching a different game.

I thought Nolito's movement throughout was superb. He opens up space constantly and is always available for a pass. Nasri's cameo was good. Otamendi looked very assured for most of the game and stayed on his feet much more than normal. Sterling looks very dangerous and the full back could easily have been sent off in the first half for repeated blocking. Silva looks as good as he has done for three years with balance, composure and tactical awareness as does Fernandinho. Stones looks a great buy. There is a lot to look forward to in my opinion.

Great result but I'm confused as to why pep insists on playing caballero as goalkeeper, we've got bravo now so why don't we just play our best keeper while we wait for bravo to come in

So from that starting 11 who comes out if you were to assume Gundogan comes in? I know it's a squad game and there will be many different line ups but if you had to drop one to put him in.

Just back from match - really enjoyed that. Well done Alex - coming on and totally bossing it.
Silva back to his imperious best. Gael a little tentative but did OK.
Great game of footy football.
Willy did well again.
Nastiest looked excellent - hope he plays his way into the masterplan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.