West Ham - post match thread

That goal wouldnt have happened in the 1st half as we were pressing higher up the pitch.

Dont want this to take away from a great first half performance and another great 3 points but if people want to make out I talking "shit" they need to get the facts right first. Not asking anyone to believe me just go back and look at the play again(like I have a few times) and tell me again we pressed the same on that play, as the first half.
+1

Our pressing dropped off considerably as the game wore on. Fitness needs to improve so that we can press for 90 minutes.

A major part of Pep's defensive strategy is to get the ball back.

West Ham got back into the game when our pressing slacked. We also gave the ball away needless in the back several times.

But yes - tremendous performance nonetheless. We'll only get better and better as fitness improves and once we have Bravo between the sticks.

The first half performance was as good as any I have ever seen from a Manchester City team. Fantastic movement & one touch passing, a sublime 1st goal, brilliant cross & header for the 2nd & very nearly a 3rd goal as wonderful as the 1st - I'm still not sure what happened but when KDB shot I expected to see the net bulge. Absolutely amazing football that will have had our next opponents shitting themselves. People have said for several years that City have had the best squad in the league; now we are seeing why: David Silva, KDB, Sterling, Stones, Fernandinho & Otamendi were all outstanding. Nolito looks a great buy. Kun wasn't at his devastating best, but still produced some sparkling runs of immense strength balance & skill. Nasri & Kolarov were both excellent in their relative positions when they came on as subs. I just cannot believe the difference in Kolarov.

I suppose this is why Pep is the best manager in the world. I just hope he stays longer than his current contract. He is a genius.

Thought we pressed exceptionally well throughout. WH to their credit didn't give up and scored by using their big men well. Despite that we didn't get shaky but stuck to the pressing and high tempo when old City would have retreated and we'd be hanging on for dear life.
If we'd have had better finishing and shooting boots on, the scowling would have represented this dominance.
Now I'm hearing we only had a good first 20 mins??

Fair play to Bilic in post match interview
He brushed off Kun's elbow when the sky scum were trying to suggest he had injured Reid to the extent he had to be taken off.
Could hear the groans in the background...
Thanks Slav, that may just save Kun from a ban.

There was an incident in the second half where Willy took a heavy touch and the West Ham player launched at him and caught Willy.

He was entitled to challenge for the ball but he missed the ball and Willys front leg and caught his back. Totally over the top. Quinn's view was it was fine as it was a ball he had to challenge for.

I like(d) Quinn. He was a good servant and says complimentary things about us normally but starting to come round to him being a bit of a ****. He is quite often blinkered.

Fair play to Bilic in post match interview
He brushed off Kun's elbow when the sky scum were trying to suggest he had injured Reid to the extent he had to be taken off.
Could hear the groans in the background...
Thanks Slav, that may just save Kun from a ban.

Asked before to no answer. Would they ask for the opinion of Billic, Reid and even Aguero or is it purely the ref and replays?

Just got back from the match. Thought we were excellent first half, so much possession and real speed to the play. Second half more laboured and took me back to memories of the second half of last season. We need to kill off games in the first half, be more clinical. An amazing journey in such a short space of time. We now look like we might score from corners and our set pieces look more inspiring in general. When it clicks even more, it will be even more wonderful to watch. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Good to see Nasri, maybe shop window, maybe seeing if he'll get a champions league squad place? Didn't see the supposed Aguero incident, be sad if he misses the derby but we have nothing to fear. The start of the revolution is exciting, cant wait to watch it all unfold.

Kun should be out and watch the derby on TV . Shame on him .
I think Toure should be on the bench to change Silva .
Toο many vertical passes blocked . Problem or cοιncidence ?
Nasris goodbye match or something is changed ?

MOTM ...Silva of course
You've fooled no one the entire time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.