West Ham - post match thread

This... Applauding
Met Bilic several times when he was at Everton as he lived next door to my in laws.
Excellent bloke. Use to come round for drinks on Xmas day and bring pressies.
His nickname at the time was the Assassin but honestly you couldn't have met a nicer guy.

Great first half, but then got too self indulgent, trying to score a perfect goal. Total dominance, yet West Ham's keeper hardly made a save.
Two slight concerns
1/ On two or three occasions, De Brune and Silva wrong-footed their team mates, leaving huge gaps for West Ham to potentially exploit. Sharper teams will punish us, especially in the Champions League.
2/ Opponents are finding it too easy to get behind Zabaleta

Just back from the game and didn't see the kun incident, but from what I've heard it seems that vile Quinn is trying his upmost to get kun banned.
Quinn is really a total prick and needs kicking out of the hall of fame.
He never has a positive thing to say about our club and imho is a class a ****.
With regards to the game I don't think I've seen us play so well for 45 minutes and a scoreline of 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered us. We always looked like we could score again.
Referee and linesmen were abysmal and how they didn't have at least 6-7 yellow cards and a couple of reds is incredible.
Once we get Sane and Gundogan playing and up to speed we will be awesome.
Enjoy the ride lads n lasses

Asked before to no answer. Would they ask for the opinion of Billic, Reid and even Aguero or is it purely the ref and replays?
Ref and replays I think. However if there is no complaint from WH I am not sure they have to look at it.

+1

Our pressing dropped off considerably as the game wore on. Fitness needs to improve so that we can press for 90 minutes.

A major part of Pep's defensive strategy is to get the ball back.

West Ham got back into the game when our pressing slacked. We also gave the ball away needless in the back several times.

But yes - tremendous performance nonetheless. We'll only get better and better as fitness improves and once we have Bravo between the sticks.

thanks mate!;)

I agree! It was a tremendous performance! That first half might be the best I've seen for years! If we can do that for a full 90 minutes, no one will be able to stop us this season! Beautiful to watch!;)

Cheers!

If/when we lose it won't be down to laziness of ineptness. It seems every player has bought into Pep and his ideas.
That 1st half is as good as I can remember, and having watched the game on sky I can honestly say we weren't as bad in the 2nd half as they made out! Yes we weren't quite as fluid, but Sky did everything they could to try an make out we were under the cosh!! Know one would have battered an eye lid if we'd won that by 5 or 6. They scored from one attack and they only had 2 or 3 mini breaks the entire game.

Goes to show what proper coaching does. Whilst I'm happy with the new signings, the improvement from the existing players is what is most impressive! To a man they all seem to have improved. We just look fresh all over the pitch.

+1

Our pressing dropped off considerably as the game wore on. Fitness needs to improve so that we can press for 90 minutes.

A major part of Pep's defensive strategy is to get the ball back.

West Ham got back into the game when our pressing slacked. We also gave the ball away needless in the back several times.

But yes - tremendous performance nonetheless. We'll only get better and better as fitness improves and once we have Bravo between the sticks.
4 games played.

4 goals scored after 85 mins

0 conceded after 75 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.