West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If can not concede a lot of free kicks I think we'll be ok. Its that Carroll knock down that scares me. We also need to keep an eye out for Downing and Jarvis, on their day they can be very tricky especially on our big pitch.

Why don't City show match on big screen at City square tomorrow keep the bars open and we could have thousands outside ground having a party,would be great for all those fans without tickets.

a thread for pessimistic Blues to discuss tomorrow...

I hope this thread is taken the right way by other supporters who might no longer be able to share the mindset of an old-school Manchester City fan for who failures were etched on the brain. Typical City, Cityitis, call it what you will, i for one was brought up expecting us to fall flat on our faces whenever possible. In 25 years of supporting City i've never expected us to win a game. I've never even thought we would. Not once, if memory serves, have i experienced positive butterflies in my stomach ahead of a game, even when we've been at home, post takeover, against teams at the other end of the table. It's not in my DNA to get overconfident, or to even expect. If anything can go wrong then is surely will, and of course for many years it did.

I can't shake the thought that we'll balls up tomorrow. That we'll somehow contrive to give the game to a West Ham side with little to play for, and in turn hand the title to Liverpool on a plate. There's no real logic behind my thoughts, just sheer panic that we'll somehow concede the league at the latest, most painful (for us), funniest (for non-City fans) moment, when it's all but in the bag. The fact that our season could be deemed a failure (wrongly, in my opinion) based on one moment scares the living daylights out of me.

I'll apologise in advance to the City supporters who find this sort of Schindler-like mindset annoying and dated, but for me the self-depricating doom mongering of Blues was part of what made me fall in love with the club, and if we ever lose that altogether than it'd be a shame. I understand how it does no good, but it's hard to leave behind, and i hope people can appreciate that at the root of any obsessive cynic's killjoying is the deeply engrained fear of the team he/she loves falling short.

Very, very nervous.

We,ll be ok if we don't concede set pieces
And apart from that I hope we get through the line so that c unt face Brenda can go back to the shit hole where he hails from,I never thought pool supporters would be so disgusting,I say we win and drain pool in our piss

Only 21hours to go. Going out tonight with a liverpool fan who has shaved his lucky beard off and not sent any texts for a couple of weeks. I'm not saying a word to him about tomorrow, and hopefully ( with everything crossed) I can give it him royal tomorrow . Twitchy bum time, need a beer

Bluep*ss said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
blue underpants said:
My guts have gone all gurgly and i'v had 6 shits already today, i'm not usually like this it's not a good sign, and i'm far from a flapper

eat some biscuits lad

Have your underpants turned " a chocolatey brown"......................................
No, i do a careful wipe then finish off with wet wipes, fuck me this is sounding like Mumsnet!

bluemoon32 said:
We've lost to worse teams than West Ham and it isn't the foregone conclusion some on here seem to think.
In saying that, if we play as we can then i believe we'll win but there's no doubt in my mind that if we switch off then hoofs into our box for Carroll will cause us problems.
Same as the FA Cup final with Stoke, the final day against QPR, the FA Cup final with Wigan, the FL Cup final with Sunderland...all of them difficult games even though we are far superior to all of those sides.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJVTMozsWA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJVTMozsWA</a>
a chant for zabbas favourite song

Whoever we want
Whoever we like
Whoever we say
We pay the money
We make our choice

Wherever we play
Wherever we booze
If we win
Or if we lose
We’ll follow the blues………

We can make you an offer you can't refuse

(From the beginning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.