West Ham Thread 14/15

BillyBonds said:
That's a great result signing Winston for 6 1/2 years. COYI's!!!

It is a good signing, I still think signing Big Sam will be a better one !

Bluebee2 said:
BillyBonds said:
That's a great result signing Winston for 6 1/2 years. COYI's!!!

It is a good signing, I still think signing Big Sam will be a better one !

I do like Sam. I like his banter and sense of humour eg. laughing at Flores and winding up LvG, and we now have a good squad to pick from. But I don't always think he's on the ball with team selection/tactics etc. When you're 2 -0 up and (rightly in my opinion) take off Noble to save him being sent off but replace him with C Cole, and we end up drawing 2 - 2 when Nolan is on the bench you have to question his thought processes.

Rumours circulating that the owners want Marcelo Bielsa to replace Allardyce next season.

It would be so fun to watch a Bielsa side in the Premier League, I think his formation is something like 3-3-3-1.

He is a very entertaining coach.

BillyBonds said:
I do like Sam. I like his banter and sense of humour eg. laughing at Flores and winding up LvG, and we now have a good squad to pick from. But I don't always think he's on the ball with team selection/tactics etc. When you're 2 -0 up and (rightly in my opinion) take off Noble to save him being sent off but replace him with C Cole, and we end up drawing 2 - 2 when Nolan is on the bench you have to question his thought processes.

He's made a hell of alot right decisions than wrong and is the main reason we are where we are - every manager makes the odd tactical mistake and sub - that's life. Irony that a lot of Sam haters in hindsight wished we put Nolan on for Noble, that's the same Nolan that gets booed by our lovely lot, we was 5 seconds away from victory before Kane took a dodgy tumble, the sub did not make that difference and it was still a very good performance and result.

Really can't wait for our next manager who will guarentee results, entertaining victory and never ever make the wrong sub. Pfft. We will miss Big Sam a lot.

BlueHammer85 said:
BillyBonds said:

He's made a hell of alot right decisions than wrong and is the main reason we are where we are - every manager makes the odd tactical mistake and sub - that's life. Irony that a lot of Sam haters in hindsight wished we put Nolan on for Noble, that's the same Nolan that gets booed by our lovely lot, we was 5 seconds away from victory before Kane took a dodgy tumble, the sub did not make that difference and it was still a very good performance and result.

Really can't wait for our next manager who will guarentee results, entertaining victory and never ever make the wrong sub. Pfft. We will miss Big Sam a lot.

I'm not an advocate of getting rid of Sam either. I'm currently in the 'better the devil your know' camp. I also wish fans that vent their frustration about Sam and Nolan would just put that energy into supporting the team at games and not try to influence the owners, although I feel there have been occasions when he's played Nolan when others were more in form.
As for the "hindsight" that certainly wasn't the case with me, as I was screaming at the tv as soon as Cole was warming up and not Nolan.
Anyway, life wouldn't be the same if we didn't have the peaks and troughs of being a happy Hammer :) COYI's!!

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 2m2 minutes ago
Beşiktaş coach Slaven Bilić is ready to hold talks about replacing Sam Allardyce as manager of West Ham. (Source: Daily Star)

chris63 said:
Beşiktaş coach Slaven Bilić is ready to hold talks about replacing Sam Allardyce as manager of West Ham. (Source: Daily Star)

Feel sorry for Sam he's done great for West Hambut as an outsider Bilic will be entertaining to see, whether he builds on sams work or crashes and burns i have no idea. Hope the best for west ham though, do have a soft spot for them.

chris63 said:

What price are West Ham to go down next season? Big Sam teams have a habit of falling apart when he leaves, so even with Bilić, I'd fear for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.