West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I thought Haaland’s level of clinical finishing had peaked with the speed and ferocity of his second goal, but then he produces the perfect dinked chip finish for his hat-trick and the game was over! Outstanding technician today!

As for the supporting cast…

Ederson: A good punch, an excellent fingertip save and overall strong footwork.

Lewis: Superlative. Can’t believe he missed another sitter for a goal, but the fact that he’s getting into these positions is a good sign. Bamboozling the pundits with his field position!

Akanji: More solid today than he has been so far this season.

Dias: Unlucky for the OG. Liked how he shrugged it off and bounced right back.

Gvardiol: Outstanding footwork for a big defender, but one of his quieter performances.

KDB: Outstanding contribution. Very unlucky not to score after crashing another ridiculous shot off the woodwork and an audacious whipped shot from the 1-2 on the corner! Always a threat, both for himself and his assists. Has come back very strong this season.

Kova: Revelatory, yet again. Is producing football many City fans thought he didn’t possess. His change of pace as he steps through midfield has been jaw-dropping for a player most City fans thought was a sick note, pedestrian footballer.

Bernardo: Another Energizer Bunny performance that helped take the sting out of the game when they were on top. I think he just lives life at 8/10, with the occasional 9 and 10 thrown on to remind us just what a baller he is.

Doku: Least productive he’s been this season and looked disappointing on the right. Like many pacy attackers, especially one that just went to The Arse, his speed often creates a situation where he doesn’t seem to have enough time to make the correct final decision.

Grealish: Looked well up for it! Looks slim, fit and ready to leave a marker this season. I hope he can up his G/A ratio, because he deserves to get recognition from the media when he plays this well, but G/A is all they seem to understand. Very lively.

Haaland: 70 Goals from 69 Games!
HAHAHAHA!!! Fuck off!!!
What can you say other than “Erling Haaland played like a good Erling Haaland!” because he is the new standard against which strikers are now measured. Took his first well and his third was sublime, but I’m going to be very disappointed if the YouTube Alternative Commentary doesn’t label his second a “Thunderbastard” of the highest order. It was in the net before most people were ready for him to shoot. In the immortal words of the player whose record he is chasing, he was “different gravy!”

Subs:

Gundo: Solid and seamless transition back into the team.
Walker: He got his first minutes. He’s closing in rapidly on his last.
Ake: Did his best Gvardiol impression down the entire length of the left touchline for a few minutes.
Nunes: Second best run out in the shirt. Excellent speed and control down the left wing. Happy he got an assist for Haaland’s Hat-Trick goal. I repeat…I think there’s a City player in there if he gets playing time with the First XI.

The Future is blue!

Last edited:
Manchester City on song are brilliant, football perfection at times, West Ham played some good football for periods of the game, their future will be bright if they stick with this chap, but we the finished article, managed by a genius

We played exceptional. Haaland motm but only just. He had a brilliant first half besides the goals. Akanji was very good too. In fact everyone was on top form except maybe Doku.

Haalands finishing has improved. He has his mind in the right place again.

Rico is really impressing me at the moment too.

Very good win.
Personally, I think Erling has seen the Mbappe move to Real and realised this will be his club. So he's focused on staying here and breaking records

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.