West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

The fact Rodri, Aké, Stones & Walker are yet to make meaningful contributions to the season, but we've hardly missed them, is frightening!

Rodri, Foden and Gundogan. The former two are firm starters and two of the best players in the league, Gundo is a wonderful player and a leader to boot.

Walker, Stones and Ake will be starters in some periods and on the bench in other periods. Fantastic options to have but not necessarily better than Rico, Akanji/Dias and Gvardiol. Pep will rotate them more than Rodri and Foden who are expected to be fundamental again.

Yesterday’s header was a function of Bernie’s chip. When that ball has backspin and is chipped up, it has to be headed from above the flight of the ball, otherwise you can’t get any purchase or power on it and it’s almost impossible to keep it down.

If you watch it again, look at the spin on the ball when Bernie chips it.
I believe you, but he should still have buried it. Love the big guy but just think how much more chaos he would cause if he improved his heading.

There's definitely something different about us this season. Pep played the kids into form during pre-season, & most of our senior players look rested & up for the scrap a lot earlier than they usually do.

Jack treated this pre-season, VERY differently to the last one, & we can already see the results! Hopefully we'll see a continued return to his 2022/2023 form & fitness.

Kev looks super fit & ready for the scrap, as does Haaland. Savinho is a breath of fresh air who's surprised me with his affectiveness, & we're all gutted for Bobb who was by far our best player during the US tour, but look forward to his return.

I take it all back regarding Kovacic. As a No 8 we have better. As a No 6 we have better. But as an 8 & 6 combined, he's a toenail behind the Great Gundo!

I also noticed a change in demeanor with Bernardo. He was bouncing around waiting to come on in the CS, & announced his arrival by clattering a Rag player, then scoring the equaliser, whilst geeing up his flagging team-mates around him!

I reckon he's seen & heard enough from Gundog, Cancelo, Torres & Garcia to realise he's already at the best team in all the land & all the world. I think he'll see out his City contract & play a couple of seasons for Benfica before a well deserved retirement.

The fact Rodri, Aké, Stones & Walker are yet to make meaningful contributions to the season, but we've hardly missed them, is frightening!

And the icing on the cake? The relief of the welcomed return of Mr Whippy! We've missed him as much as he's missed us. His return serves as notice to all football players, that it gets no better than life at Manchester City.

View attachment 130332

As I keep on saying to those who keep the media's "Pep to leave City" narrative going... Leave to go where & do what?

This is Guardiola's club, where he's loved, revered & has everything he could possibly want as a manager. He plays against the best week in, week out & has the added soap opera of the "115 charges" to add to the drama.

This season's team seems like the transition into Pep's third squad iteration since he arrived. It's only just beginning to come together & it's looking like something we've never seen before, with much much more to come.

Guardiola has described the club as being family, & he's the undisputed Daddy. I fully expect Pep to extend another 2 years around the end of the year, & build on his latest brand of football, with his latest squad.

It doesn't get much better than how City have it right now. We're the lucky ones actually living through City's golden era, with the best Manager in world football, & probably the most influential in the history of the game.
It’s good to be Blue and I agree with all, but I note with interest…and a chuckle…how our cup runneth over!

In the first half of your post, you mentioned the team in superlative terms, noting a list of players we have yet to see make any real contribution, and saying how scary we will be when everyone is fit and firing.

Excellent! BUT, even more noteworthy is that you nailed it WITHOUT EVEN MENTIONING THE 2023/24 CLEAN SWEEP POTY, PHIL FODEN!!!

Imagine…this perfect start to the season has been made, with City looking in late season form, WITHOUT RODRI, FODEN & STONES, not to mention Walker, Ake and, sadly, our best pre-season player being out until Christmas!!!

Teams should be scared…very scared! We look like we can dominate games in 2nd gear, and then turn it up when needed. That’s a scary proposition for teams that already felt like they were chasing shadows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.