West Ham United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread | Champions of England

A bit off topic - I wasn’t here this time last year, but I’m curious if the forum does a “best of” type post. I’d love to see everyone’s thoughts on player of the season, best goal, best game, unsung hero, best signing, etc. I know we’ve got another week before it would make sense.

They also had sound from Emirates so we were "treated" to North London forever as the City staff were starting to come out for the presentation. Embarassing
NBC wanted Arsenal to win so badly that they ran the show from the Emirates. The show is usually pretty good and I particularly enjoy Robbie Earle’s comments who speaks the most sense.

Lee Dixon tells us he was a City fan when younger, but it was clear that he was hurting and where his loyalties lie. I was very disappointed with the discussion at the end about the 115 charges raised by Rebecca Lowe which of course had to be raised on our day of celebration. All the pundits discussed the topic as if City are already guilty and our successes are tarnished apparently. They were all out of order and worthy of a complaint.

I joined this forum in August. I’m a middle aged mom in the US and don’t know a lot of people that like “football.” And although you all have stressed me out on plenty of occasions or made me want to throw my phone, I’ve spent far too much time on this site. Having someone to celebrate “with” has made it so much more enjoyable. So thank you.

And most importantly, I got to see City in person this fall. And now I can say, I (and my ungrateful children and Spurs supporting husband..haha) got to see the greatest football team ever play!
Rag.

All season I’ve been telling everyone that Boys in Blue never give in. They fight to the end. Now you gonna believe me, now you gonna believe me?
Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed ‘em, you showed ‘em all.
Especially the Southern soft rubber hammers. Their fans did them proud though especially when they stayed to watch our presentation. I reckoned that about 2/3rds of their fans stayed. Thank you.
Especially the biased know nowt stupid clods in the media. You got your comeuppance once again for the fourth time in a row!! :-)
Especially the Specsavers needing stupid codswallops of officialdom who appear to have given in today and didn’t try as hard to drag us down. You learned, at last, who we are. THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

John Boy you got a brilliant reception when you picked up your medal. See you next season.
The team gave me a great Birthday present and the lovely stewards at the top of our aisle also gave me a birthday card and gifts. I am one very, very lucky lady.
Thank you to everyone for a great season.
:-) :-)

To be fair if they don't bring it up they'll get criticised for ignoring it. They can't win really.

Ian Wright shut it down fast, to his credit. Just said he wants the case to be resolved so this City team can be properly recognised for what it is. A good man, Ian Wright. Loads of time for him.
I was impressed with Ian Wright this evening. He was fair and professional not like some of them would be.

NBC wanted Arsenal to win so badly that they ran the show from the Emirates. The show is usually pretty good and I particularly enjoy Robbie Earle’s comments who speaks the most sense.

Lee Dixon tells us he was a City fan when younger, but it was clear that he was hurting and where his loyalties lie. I was very disappointed with the discussion at the end about the 115 charges raised by Rebecca Lowe which of course had to be raised on our day of celebration. All the pundits discussed the topic as if City are already guilty and our successes are tarnished apparently. They were all out of order and worthy of a complaint.
Completely agree. It's clear from what Robbie Mustoe said that they have been told they have to mention this. Total disgrace.

Agree. I like NBC's coverage. But you can tell where everyone's "heart" is. They love Liverpool and Arsenal. I would much rather have discussion around the accomplishment. Arse and Pool had their chances.

They almost gave us a whole 5 minutes after lifting the trophy before doing a hatchet job regarding alleged accounting nuances a decade ago.

Probably the best day of my life.

Wife and I are in UK for holidays from US (finally got some time off). I couldn't get tickets to the West Ham game initially. Literally a day before I got a ticket in sec 219. Landed around 11 on Sunday then got ready to go to the game. What an excellent game and support. It was so incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.