West Ham United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread | Champions of England

Probably the best day of my life.

Wife and I are in UK for holidays from US (finally got some time off). I couldn't get tickets to the West Ham game initially. Literally a day before I got a ticket in sec 219. Landed around 11 on Sunday then got ready to go to the game. What an excellent game and support. It was so incredible.
Thanks for the follow up and glad it all worked out that you could get a ticket into the match and get to attend with all that travel to get so close. Memories of a lifetime, I am sure.

I also take it then you were able to get into Mary D's afterwards having your ticket stub, though I suspect there might have been some crowds too? ;-) Cheers!

Completely agree. It's clear from what Robbie Mustoe said that they have been told they have to mention this. Total disgrace.

I've gone off Mustoe, he gives us faint praise but he's just like all the pundits. Every year he tries to find games where we're going to slip up and he's desperate for us to lose. Every other team, be it the dippers or arse won't slip up but we will. He never learns :-))

Tim Howard at halftime yesterday was willing the arse to win the league.

Robbie Earle is the only genuine, honest pundit on there now.

Thanks for the follow up and glad it all worked out that you could get a ticket into the match and get to attend with all that travel to get so close. Memories of a lifetime, I am sure.

I also take it then you were able to get into Mary D's afterwards having your ticket stub, though I suspect there might have been some crowds too? ;-) Cheers!
I will be honest. I was so overwhelmed with the crowd and my data not working that I couldn't really figure anything out so I didn't get a chance to go to Mary D's.

Everyone was really supportive and friendly. Hugged so many strangers. Memories of a lifetime. Got the ticket on StubHub so I know I paid a premium but I don't care. It was priceless and I hope whoever couldn't make it to the game and sold the ticket instead has a blessed life!

When that "Goal" went in on the 87th minute I could have died. I was convinced it was handball but the bloody ref had given it. Those wanting to get rid of var need to bear incidents like this in mind.

But what were the ref or linesman doing not calling that handball though?
It's clear as day and the fact that the officials deferred that to var on such an easy decision is very worrying.

That and the arse handball are more incidents that should be brought up by the clubs in next months meeting on var.

But what were the ref or linesman doing not calling that handball though?
It's clear as day and the fact that the officials deferred that to var on such an easy decision is very worrying.

That and the arse handball are more incidents that should be brought up by the clubs in next months meeting on var.

It was quite cleverly disguised. I’m in SS level 2, almost right behind the goal, and honestly, I didn’t pick it up initially. What I did notice was the ref (who could not have physically seen the handball, I think, it was masked by the back of the Hammers player) staring long and hard over at the lino, to see if there was any reaction.
I’d still be in favour of scrapping VAR, because although that was a “clear and obvious error”, and therefore appropriate referral to VAR, so many other decisions, whether for us or anyone else, simply don’t come into that category. I believe we’re talking about 50% , and maybe a majority.
What I would be in favour of, though, is one more trained referee as well as the man in the middle and the two down the sides) at both ends, either on the touchline itself but off to one side of the goal, and standing back a yard or so behind it. That at least could be trialled. It wouldn’t cost much, surely no more than VAR itself.
Of course, though, those clubs in European competition would still have to be subject to VAR, because them’s the rules…

I bet @Mad Eyed Screamer would have been in his element, if he were at Etihad yesterday, with both Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce, with Noel and Billy Duffy, on the pitch, before kick-off.

Thankfully, that rag twat, Morrisey, wasn’t with them.

On the game itself we were superb in that first half. 2-0 up in 20 minutes and absolutely battering West Ham. Only some great saves by their keeper and crap finishing by us stopped us scoring six. Then they scored from the usual set piece and it was nervy until the Rodri goal. We then as good as camped out in their half but they always looked dangerous on the break. When that "Goal" went in on the 87th minute I could have died. I was convinced it was handball but the bloody ref had given it. Those wanting to get rid of var need to bear incidents like this in mind.

Are you Robin Van Persie?

Well, that was just amazing and a fantastic day. Back home now feeling rather unsurprisingly awake and well.

Last time I saw a trophy lift was back in 2019 at the Amex, being my nearest Premier League ground, but this is even better at our own Fortress Etihad.

So, another season over with a major tournament to look forward to just like 10 years ago at the same ground, and the same opposition, only that they made it a bit harder for us this time, getting a goal back and making us feel a bit edgy, but we did it in the end.

Good effort by Arsenal, do feel for their supporters but it's Man City and another title at the end of the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.