West Ham United (H) - Sun 19th May, 16:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? Stats might prove me wrong but his passing seems off and he seems to give the ball away a lot to me. I don't see many goals coming from him either, not necessary the best player when you need to score, especially if Kev is out.
He is not in the team to score goals. He is there to protect the defence, to win the ball back, to get the ball forward to our match winners. In my opinion he also hugely helps Rodri and I think without him there’s a lot more chance Rodri gets swamped and offers less offensively

I imagine it'll be the same starting XI as against Spurs, barring any unexpected injuries. Feeling confident for this, but the QPR and Villa games show that you can't take anything for granted. West Ham have a lot of quality in forward areas, but have shipped 10 goals in their last two away games and don't really have anything to play for. Hopefully their players will already have one eye on the beach.

Wouldn't swap the experiences of the 2012 and 2022 titles for anything in the world, but would be nice to do it in a less stressful manner on Sunday!

Has anybody ever been to Freight Island to watch City when they are at home? Haven't got a ticket and wanted to go somewhere that will be busy with a good atmosphere.

City win, Arsenal win = City champions 1.12 x 1.2 = 74%
City win, Arsenal draw = City champions 1.12 x 8.8 = 10%
City win, Arsenal lose = City champions 1.12 x 18 = 5%
City draw, Arsenal draw = City champions 14.5 x 8.8 = <1%
City draw, Arsenal lose = City champions 14.5 x 18 = <1%
City lose, Arsenal draw = City champions 23 x 8.8 = <1%
City lose, Arsenal lose = City champions 23 x 18 = <1%

City draw, Arsenal win = arsenal champions 14.5 x 1.2 = 6%
City lose, Arsenal win = arsenal champions 23 x 1.2 = 4%

Obvious, but it’s comforting to acknowledge , as the tension begins to grow

not to overegg it, but i've added in the rounded % chance based on match odds on Betfair

outcomes in our favour are ~90% of possible outcomes. (based on public opinion of outcomes!)

Opta

City 84%
Arsenal 16%

The thing I don’t like about the last day is when the other team (in this case Arsenal) score first and the table comes up with Arsenal at the top.

Just once I’d like a 4-0 at half time like we did when we beat United 6-3.

I have a feeling there will be less drama this time. West Ham are one of only a small number of clubs that cannot change their league position whatever happens so they can’t even get, or lose, any prize money or player related position bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.