What a bore

Re: If that is a taste of what we have to come

you can always rely on a daft cnt to post something after the match

United played their 'European' style tonight and thats because City are a good team. The 'big' teams play like this away from home in big games because it works and City will play more and more like this in away games, yes City were at home but is a point really that bad.

monkylarr said:
You can shove it up your arse , I have been excited all day about this match.
Mr Mancini that was a fuck^n disgrace .
Tevez will leave if we keep playing shit unattractive shit like that.
Please do something positive or I will fuck off also, and I have been watching your team for 30 years and that was as bad as i have seen during my time ......................

What?
Even as bad when we got beat by York away or Stockport at home?
I think not
If you want to go then so be it, you wont be missed

Re: What a fucking bore

BillyShears said:
Chick Counterfly said:
On target; Four each

Off target; Utd 3, City 2

It takes two to tango.

They went one up front, with one attacking winger, one workhorse, just as we did.

They swapped their defensive fullbacks for attacking ones in the second half. We swapped Kola for Boat, and pushed Zab forward on the right.

AJ was anonymous because they withdrew totally on that side to double up on him.

The only thing they did better than us was push the midfield forward as a unit.

Carrick/Scholes/Fletcher vs Barry/Yaya/NDJ, are exact matches, they managed to push forward as a unit a touch more tho.

Barry and NDJ stayed deeper than their midfielders, but Yaya went on the break far more than his opposite number. it just didn't quite click between him, Silva and Tev tonight. Silva's sights were off, and Tev was a bit hesitant to shoot.

Overall I thought there was very little between the teams. They looked good-ish for a bit, then we looked good-ish for a bit.

It was as close to a pre-agreed draw as you are ever likely to see.

I'll ignore the toys flying out of prams bit....That is a very astute comment.

I happen to quite rate Benitez ;)

Even if he did make a balls up of his last year at Liverpool, up til then, he always got them the results they needed. Rather than wanted.

Good summation...

Just a shame that our team was full of top class talent whereas they were a mish mash of has been's, and gonna be's....

Fuck Mancini and his negative ways...that's my opinion. It won't change whether we batter Brum 10 nil this weekend or not...he's not good enough for this City...it pains me that I'm going to have to sit back and be proven right over time...

check out mystic meg here. ;)

You could well be right. I've never been convinced he is well qualified to turn us into world beaters, but there is a lot of work that has to come before that. I believe his experience and pragmatic nature makes him highly suitable for that.

I know not everyone sees it this way, but I think nailed on steady progress for the next two years is exactly what we need. Comfortable fourth this year, look to pick off Utd or Arsenal. Next year, go all out at Chelsea, at least run them close, and get through the CL group stages. Just as importantly, lose the 'agent's paradise' / soft-centred / perennial-joke-club tags. He'll get his top four comfortably, I've no doubt at all. The likelyhood of a very proper challenge next year will only become clear over the course of this season.

He'll never, ever be 'popular', he never was at Inter... but I do think he'll leave us in a hell of a fitter state. When a club comes into money, the Kevin Keegan 'idealist-populist' type of manager often has more short term success, but once it falters, it's not just that they can't pay the bills, the make up of the playing staff is revealed to be fucked up, the mentality goes south because they don't have anything to fall back on... it was all 'belief' and form, and the underlying 'belief' disappears with the form, meaning the club ends up punching far below their weight. With Mancini, I never, ever feel we are going falter that badly, we're never going to go six without a win, or drop into the bottom half of the table for a couple of months. I admit however, I never feel we are reaching our absolute full potential. It's a trade off - risk/reward/security.

Mancini's nil-nil's, the clean sheets, are something we can always fall back on, even if he left, they'd still believe that they could do it against anyone. And if they can keep a clean sheet against anyone, with the forwards we have, beating most teams should come naturally.

It's an extremely reliable method, very 'professional', if sometimes rather underwhelming. Having a reputation, the culture of being a 'professional' outfit, is a good basis for the next guy to build on, if it turns out that Mancini can't get us to reach the absolute heights.

Re: What a fucking bore

Prestwich_Blue said:
LoveCity said:
We had the best chance of the match. The commentators will talk about our negativity but what about them?
They were the away team, not playing particularly well and 3 points ahead of us at start of play. They'll happily take a point from that.

Hmm, maybe, not too sure about that.

The last thing I'd want is for their title challenge to gain momentum.

Two more points and they would have been within a win of Chelsea.

As it is, they must still feel like they are out of touch with the leaders.

Second best, at most, and only a win ahead of ourselves and Arsenal. Next match; Away at Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.