What are the owners/board thinking???

cleavers said:
WNRH said:
So my post explaining why i agree with Billy in that we need a creative player plus a right back and a centre back but any sane person like the board and the owners knows not to panic buy this window otherwise you get Wayne Bridge for £10m and Andy Caroll for £35m is deleted?

What a crock of shit, i'm logging off.
Apologies that one went by mistake, but thats the trouble when having to mod the thing in real time sometimes a post will go by accident, if you'd stuck to the topic, and not started bitching at the OP, I would have just been getting on with my work here, and not editing and deleting for 15 minutes.

Its what the users have asked for so if a post gets accidentally binned then I'm sorry.

If it is an accident then no worries, i still stand by what i say though in that BS is using this thread and the last two results as another stick to beat the management with by disguising it as a concern and a dig at the owners. I'll let the "disscussion" go on though, you'll hear no more from me on this thread.

simon23 said:
He has taken a huge ris in leting ade go and leaving us with the waste of space that is Jo

This I certainly agree with. I don't know what happened between them but Jesus Christ, Jo has no redeeming qualities. Players like AJ, Ade and SWP must look at Jo in the 11 and wonder what the hell is going on.

Thanks for modding, Cleavers, by the way...

Panic buying is not the way forward. Get a couple of loan deals in. That way we pay only a small fee that won't come into any fair play regs and we can have a bit of cover for Silva and co

Soulboy said:
citysince88 said:
Jesus Ladies put the claws away !

Look on the brightside this may well be the best oppotunity for some of the younger players to get thier name in contention. you never know what will happen in football.

What younger players?

Most of the better ones are already out on loan!

well for starters we may see more of Nimely ,Guidetti, perhaps assulin after he gains some more fitness, Ibrahim looked a decent talent. Also Isn't MJ now playing in reserve games we might see him. Javan vidal I think he's on loan at the moment but not a season long deal so possibly him.

Whils I'll agree it would be good to bring someone in if we can't it's not the end of the world.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Panic buying is not the way forward. Get a couple of loan deals in. That way we pay only a small fee that won't come into any fair play regs and we can have a bit of cover for Silva and co

I think that's what most of the posters who are urging back-up replacements are suggesting...

World classs superstars are not needed... but we need to strengthen the squad against injuries and to offer options, particularly in terms of wide players.

I think it's fair to say that we are unlikely to get the calibre of players that we would like as they are playing CL football with their clubs. Only a ridiculous transfer fee and salary would get them here and with FFP being a consideration now we aren't going to be heading down that road are we?
So do we buy more second level players like the ones we've got rid of? Whats the point?

We're not guaranteed CL football yet so top players aren't coming. No doubt a lot of their sponsorship income relies on maximum player exposure and that isn't going to happen in the Europa is it?

Will the huge reduction in salary be advantageous to us for the purpose of FFP rules and our transfer dealings?

With the greatest respect to the disillusioned posters I think the owners and board know exactly what they are doing. They haven't done too badly so far so I'll sit back and wait patiently for the plan to fall into place.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment....would it be panic buying to bring forward a summer target to today, knowing we'd have to pay a premium, to cover the AJ injury and uncertainty around Balo's injury...

citysince88 said:
Soulboy said:
What younger players?

Most of the better ones are already out on loan!

well for starters we may see more of Nimely ,Guidetti, perhaps assulin after he gains some more fitness, Ibrahim looked a decent talent. Also Isn't MJ now playing in reserve games we might see him. Javan vidal I think he's on loan at the moment but not a season long deal so possibly him.

Whils I'll agree it would be good to bring someone in if we can't it's not the end of the world.

This is no time to be blooding youngsters. As you saw with Boyata (who I really rate), one slip or panic and the grim reaper has you when you're at the sharp end of the table.

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment....would it be panic buying to bring forward a summer target to today, knowing we'd have to pay a premium, to cover the AJ injury and uncertainty around Balo's injury...

Like Bob said....these things take time. do we have enough time ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.