What are the owners/board thinking???

Didsbury Dave said:
citysince88 said:
well for starters we may see more of Nimely ,Guidetti, perhaps assulin after he gains some more fitness, Ibrahim looked a decent talent. Also Isn't MJ now playing in reserve games we might see him. Javan vidal I think he's on loan at the moment but not a season long deal so possibly him.

Whils I'll agree it would be good to bring someone in if we can't it's not the end of the world.

This is no time to be blooding youngsters. As you saw with Boyata (who I really rate), one slip or panic and the grim reaper has you when you're at the sharp end of the table.

what's happened to boyata? he is normally makes the bench for those sort of games like yesterday

citysince88 said:
Jesus Ladies put the claws away !

Look on the brightside this may well be the best oppotunity for some of the younger players to get thier name in contention. you never know what will happen in football.

The opportunity to blood the youngsters gets missed each and every time Jo gets the nod over some of the youth/fringe players. The Notts County game would have been perfect for young Guidetti to get on but was overlooked.

Back to topic, this is a great thread and it is difficult to assess what Mancini considers integral to the success (or failure) of the season. I always get the impression he prefers the use of wing backs to 'out and out wingers'? Kolarov and Boateng were probably bought for that very reason. Micah Richards display Sunday would have pleased RM no end because he got forward time after time to demonstrate what is required. David Silva apart there is not much pace in the M/F for me without Balo and AJ. It might be more prudent to consider this area as very critical/crucial in the last quarter of the season??

Didsbury Dave said:
citysince88 said:
well for starters we may see more of Nimely ,Guidetti, perhaps assulin after he gains some more fitness, Ibrahim looked a decent talent. Also Isn't MJ now playing in reserve games we might see him. Javan vidal I think he's on loan at the moment but not a season long deal so possibly him.

Whils I'll agree it would be good to bring someone in if we can't it's not the end of the world.

This is no time to be blooding youngsters. As you saw with Boyata (who I really rate), one slip or panic and the grim reaper has you when you're at the sharp end of the table.

You make a sound point sometimes young players falter under the pressure but I'm also sure some would revel in a baptism of fire, also it depends on how he is handled if you say to him don't screw up or your careers over that could make it worse but if you present it as an oppotunity to incentivise you could well see a different reaction. Like I say previously Football is funny old thing.

citysince88 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You make a sound point sometimes young players falter under the pressure but I'm also sure some would revel in a baptism of fire, also it depends on how he is handled if you say to him don't screw up or your careers over that could make it worse but if you present it as an oppotunity to incentivise you could well see a different reaction. Like I say previously Football is funny old thing.

I haven't seen enough of any of those youngsters to truly comment, but there is a big big step from our reserves to the top of the premier league. We can't take any chances at the moment. 3 points lost will probably be the difference between places.

With kids you tend to get them involved on the fringes - the bench, cups etc for a season or so before giving them a run of games (if they prove themselves). I think these lads are way off that point.

Greenjob said:
citysince88 said:

Look on the brightside this may well be the best oppotunity for some of the younger players to get thier name in contention. you never know what will happen in football.

The opportunity to blood the youngsters gets missed each and every time Jo gets the nod over some of the youth/fringe players. The Notts County game would have been perfect for young Guidetti to get on but was overlooked.

Back to topic, this is a great thread and it is difficult to assess what Mancini considers integral to the success (or failure) of the season. I always get the impression he prefers the use of wing backs to 'out and out wingers'? Kolarov and Boateng were probably bought for that very reason. Micah Richards display Sunday would have pleased RM no end because he got forward time after time to demonstrate what is required. David Silva apart there is not much pace in the M/F for me without Balo and AJ. It might be more prudent to consider this area as very critical/crucial in the last quarter of the season??

Your assesment is spot on for me bud and the big problem Bobby has and we have as a squad is the fact that AK and Boateng have just not done what he thought they would. Both players have had injuries and the post WC hangover and couple that to new team, new country, new league and needing to settle in and Boateng clearly being a CB, the width in the team has just not been there.

Bobby now has a big problem for the rest of the season and for me, i just can not see how he will cover it although Micah did well yesterday, i don't see him as a long term fix and i don't think Bobby does tbh.

If Bobby is insistent on the FB's giving the width then a new RB is a must and hopefully we will see AK coming good in that role but i just don't think we will see him at his best until next season.

For now, a easier fix is to just let the guys concentrate on defending, keep it solid at the back and try and draft in a loan signing for the wing that will just give us a plan B as and when needed.

Didsbury Dave said:
citysince88 said:

I haven't seen enough of any of those youngsters to truly comment, but there is a big big step from our reserves to the top of the premier league. We can't take any chances at the moment. 3 points lost will probably be the difference between places.

With kids you tend to get them involved on the fringes - the bench, cups etc for a season or so before giving them a run of games (if they prove themselves). I think these lads are way off that point.

again true, of course it's a big step but if they didn't have potential we wouldn't have them at the club ! Now am not suggesting that we will need them its just that if we do suffer some unfortunate injury crisis then we can not be afraid to send them into the frey because is that not the point of having a reserve/academy team !?

Greenjob said:
citysince88 said:

Great post mate.

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Panic buying is not the way forward. Get a couple of loan deals in. That way we pay only a small fee that won't come into any fair play regs and we can have a bit of cover for Silva and co

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment....would it be panic buying to bring forward a summer target to today, knowing we'd have to pay a premium, to cover the AJ injury and uncertainty around Balo's injury...

Well I imagine the players we'll be looking at in the summer will be of a very high quality and won't be available. We can only guess but who knows how much we'd have to pay extra to get them in now as opposed to the summer, this late in the window with the selling club knowing they've got us over the barrel. There's also the good chance that they wouldn't settle straight away and it'd be a huge waste of money. So in that sense, eya, I do believe that with the FFPR we have to be very carfeful not to do anything too rash and piss platini and co off. Get a couple of loans in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.