What are we expecting from Pep's first season?

pace, introduction of youth to the first team, better defensive positioning, improvement on joe's goal keeping abilities, improvement on the team's goal scoring chances. If he can get these things done then everything else would fall into place.

- A team that doesn't run out of ideas the second they come up against a well organised defence would be a good start. I mean the less Aguero has to come to near the halfway line to have a touch of the ball the better.
- A cohesive midfield who can keep the ball better and use it intelligently, if we are averaging say 60% possession a game this means our defence has to do less work. Pep has never had particularly outstanding defences(as shows in their Champions league games vs decent opponents) but due to having so much of the ball they don't get exposed often.
- Players have specific instructions depending on their opponent...E.g "Okay Sterling, you are up against Ivanovic today, he struggles vs quick tricky wingers so lets exploit that." Rather than Pellegrini's just hold the ball up and wait for Kolarov tactic vs all opposition.

Think the league will be very tight next season;
1. expect Chelsea and United to be back among it
2. Leicester should attract good players off the back of this season, as could West Ham
3. Tottenham will keep improving
4. Arsenal

If everything remains the same and the strength of competition next year is as weak as this season we will win the league in a canter.

Spurs and Arsenal in reality are doing no better than previous season it's just the likes of Us and Chelsea are in a race to the bottom at the minute.

Next year there will be a huge spike in fitness levels, tactical nous and the 'best squad in the league' will be correctly utilised and any imbalances addressed.

Pep won't need a year or two the side will start to evolve instantly and become stronger over the course of the season. The biggest threat is a lack of preseason.

Hopefully, you are right and I am wrong, but to win the league at a canter is very much Blue Tinted Specs. I understand that he plays a high tempo, possession based game, but without several changes, not sure our current "1st 11", could do that. With several changes, time is needed (more than a pre season).

As I said, hope you are right, but I don't see it straight away.

Will depend on this summers business in/out and the speed with which those remaining get on board with what Pep wants and requires.

I will enjoy the season either way, always do.

Are you expecting that in the first season? I think they are more realistic target for the second season. I have serious reservations about the commitment of this group of players. In addition to the fact that some of them aren't good enough or don't suit his style of play!

I don't doubt his ability as a manager, I think he's the best in the world. But I also think it will take him two summers to sort the squad out. He's not taking over a similar level of players to the ones he took over at barca and bayern

Nail on head. I think too many think he will rock up next Summer wearing his underpants on the outside and we will conquer all before us.

Excellent individual talent integrated into a cohesive, motivated, inspired professional football team playing in an adaptable, mobile structure with pace, purpose, passion and with an all-encompassing insatiable hunger to succeed that runs through every single employee of the Club.

Day 1.

And what about in the afternoon of Day 1 :)

I'd like to see (now) fringe players rejuvenated. We spent a huge amount of cash on Mangala and he's not warranted the price tag at all. There's talk of Stones or Laporte; but EM was a stellar centre half for Porto and I want to see that here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.