What are your expectations for the new manager?

The expectations will be high.

The bar has been set and the pressure will flow on to the CEO and director of football to get the call right.

If our next manager fails then they will be shown the door no doubt.

No matter the relationship you have with the players and the media its only the results you are judged on.

RM 's were not good enough this season for him to keep his job so we know what will happen next season if the new manager fails to achieve the minimum targets as well.

Manager signs players but fails to get them to perform - manager gets fired. Director of football signs a manager and fails to get him to perform - director of football should get fired.

So my expectations for next season are that if the new guy flops, txiki should follow him out the door.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Manager signs players but fails to get them to perform - manager gets fired. Director of football signs a manager and fails to get him to perform - director of football should get fired.

So my expectations for next season are that if the new guy flops, txiki should follow him out the door.

Very simplistic.

And then presumably we get rid of Khaldoon for appointing him, & Sheikh Mansour for appointing him, & go back to being totally fucking shite, just so some of you feel vindicated ?

Neville Kneville said:
CaliforniaBlue said:

Very simplistic.

And then presumably we get rid of Khaldoon for appointing him, & Sheikh Mansour for appointing him, & go back to being totally fucking shite, just so some of you feel vindicated ?

Not simplistic in the sense that they are employees of the club.

The owners have to pay the bills and entitled to get return on their investment.

I have little doubt that if the next manager fails the buck will stop fair and square at those who appointed him especially after getting rid of the manager who won 2 trophies in 3.5 years an appointment of which they had nothing to do with.

I expect, after every City game I watch next season, to be able to say to myself "that was a really great team-performance". And by great I mean a sum of the layers efforts and the manager's choices.

That's it really, and with the quality we have at our disposal, us playing great will equal us winning most of our games.

Thank you Roberto, all the best to you.

Now let's get going!!!!!!!

Champions2012! said:
Give the youth a chance

At last a voice of reason. Put the passion back on the pitch and replace effort for the right to wear a shirt. Give the clubs future to the young uns.
Remeber though as a knob once said "you never win anything with kids".

jone1303 said:
Bring the youth players into the team, make the team respect the manager if this doesn't happen then we'll have the same issues next season and beyond

Has to be this way, well said.

I have this stomach churning feeling we are getting rafa. The comments made by pellegrini sound genuine, and I can't imagine the owners have no one lined up before making the decision to relieve bobby of his duties. Mourinho is nailed on for Chelsea, pep already at Bayern. There's no reason for klopp to come here as he could hand pick where he wants to go and jobs will be coming up at the two biggest clubs in the world soon.
Fuck me this is going to be one shit summer if we get that fat waiter bastard.

Pigeonho said:
I have this stomach churning feeling we are getting rafa. The comments made by pellegrini sound genuine, and I can't imagine the owners have no one lined up before making the decision to relieve bobby of his duties. Mourinho is nailed on for Chelsea, pep already at Bayern. There's no reason for klopp to come here as he could hand pick where he wants to go and jobs will be coming up at the two biggest clubs in the world soon.
Fuck me this is going to be one shit summer if we get that fat waiter bastard.

I rate Benitez, but don't think he represents what the owner/exec's are looking for in a new manager.

Neville Kneville said:
CaliforniaBlue said:

Very simplistic.

I think you took my post a bit too seriously. However, it's funny that when the players don't get on with the manager and don't perform, it's considered the manager's fault. That being the case, if the manager doesn't get on with his boss and doesn't perform, it's presumably his boss's fault. In reality, I think the players let Bob down on several occasions this year, not least in the Cup Final, and they should bear a good deal of the blame for our failings. But if you agree with the usual argument that 'it's the manager's job to make them perform', then you can continue that logic up the chain all the way to Sheikh Mansour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.