What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

Yaya did do it in big games domestically but didn't stand out in Champions league games for us , City legend by all accounts and did have 2 outstanding seasons but for me although Silva didn't have a truly outstanding season like Yaya did he was so consistent every season and truly deserves his statue.
Nobody from that team did much in the CL. I can’t remember one big CL game that DSilva Kun or Kompany really played well in and lead us into even looking like we would get into the latter stages.

It wasn’t until Kevin de Bruyne came to this club that we had anyone who looked top class at that level. Foden has already played better in the CL Knock-out Stage than anyone from Mancini and pre-Kev Pellegrini’s teams ever did.

Yaya though, was absolutely fantastic for us domestically while his legs were still going. We got his prime years and in them he was the best midfielder in the league. I think he’s head-and-shoulders above the others from his era’s team. In 2011-12 and 2013-14 he was the best player in the league.

But if Kev leads us to the final again this season (especially as we win it), I think he’ll be undisputedly the best player we’ve ever had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody from that team did much in the CL. I can’t remember one big CL game that DSilva Kun or Kompany really played well in and lead us into even looking like we would get into the latter stages.

It wasn’t until Kevin de Bruyne came to this club that we had anyone who looked top class at that level. Foden has already played better in the CL Knock-out Stage than anyone from Mancini and pre-Kev Pellegrini’s teams ever did.

Yaya though, was absolutely fantastic for us domestically while his legs were still going. We got his prime years and in them he was the best midfielder in the league. I think he’s head-and-shoulders above the others from his era’s team. In 2011-12 and 2013-14 he was the best player in the league.

But if Kev leads us to the final again this season (especially as we win it), I think he’ll be undisputedly the best player we’ve ever had.
think the Aguero one is harsh given he did get hat-trick against Bayern pre-Kev in a game we simply needed to win for any chance to advance to knockouts, granted we never actually laid a glove on Barca in any of the 4 games we played during that time.

David Silva is one of the best players I've ever seen in any team. Full stop. How anyone who likes football can say he's overrated is beyond me.

My unpopular opinions are:

1. Cancelo is far too hot and cold for me and can't defend and we should sell him

2. If Pep had managed the "Aguerrooooo" game with us 1-2 down, we would never have won it

3. The team plays better when KdB isn't in it

4. Yaya Toure at his peak was the greatest player ever to have played for this club. He could dribble, pass, shoot with both feet, scored free kicks and penalties and ALWAYS turned up when it mattered. He would walk into this City team now ahead of any other player

5. I'd back the Goat to score 40 goals a season in this side

6. Clichy was the best left back we've had for something like 30+ years and we've not replaced him
Points 5 and 6 defeat your whole argument.

Clichy was average at best and never a Pep player for me, Goat a legend but 40 goals, please.

David Silva is one of the best players I've ever seen in any team. Full stop. How anyone who likes football can say he's overrated is beyond me.

My unpopular opinions are:

1. Cancelo is far too hot and cold for me and can't defend and we should sell him

2. If Pep had managed the "Aguerrooooo" game with us 1-2 down, we would never have won it

3. The team plays better when KdB isn't in it

4. Yaya Toure at his peak was the greatest player ever to have played for this club. He could dribble, pass, shoot with both feet, scored free kicks and penalties and ALWAYS turned up when it mattered. He would walk into this City team now ahead of any other player

5. I'd back the Goat to score 40 goals a season in this side

6. Clichy was the best left back we've had for something like 30+ years and we've not replaced him
2. Agree - we only seem to play 1 style which is 100% patience and passing the ball to the point of an error by the opposition. By the end of that game we had 3 strikers on and it was like watching a dads v's lads in the park.

Having noticed the thread on denis law, I cannot abide him. I'm Manchester born and bred and never in my 51 years have I heard this person say a thing about the club he spent 2 spells at.

When we were shit, which was most of my life, fair enough he's never likely to to enthuse over us. But the last 10 years, what's been stopping him? Cat got yer tongue?

Plenty of ex rags have become blues, some like Goater and Tevez helped us to win trophies. Shaun is one of our most enthusiastic advocates in the media. This guy, not so much. I've no idea what Busby was like but many on here spoke of his warm friendship with Joe Mercer.

This one seems of the GPC variety.
Well I met Denis Law a couple of times and he is one of the nicest people you would wish to meet. Very humble (almost shy) and he didn't have a bad word to say about City. Of course he spent his glory days at United (just like Brian Kidd). For me Law is a Manchester legend because of what he did for his adopted city and for both clubs. I can also testify that Busby was a total gent off the field. Some figures rise above tribal rivalries.

Laporte...I like him but believe we dont play as well when he's in the team..Pep wants quick ball movement.Laporte dilly's and dally's and plays the pass that was so obvious 5 minutes before he plays it....He really slows our play down and just lately has added mistake after mistake...Never mind he has a cross put right on his head 4 yes FOUR metres out and fxckx it up against Palarse..Thats 2 points down the drain..The sooner Dias is back the better....Unpopular maybe but watch him before you reply...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.