What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

Agreed. Age and injuries caught up with him in the end and we had to sell him when we did, but from the moment we signed him he was comfortably the better option out of him and Kolarov. I'd argue that what Pep now demands of his full-backs might have been beyond his skillset but for, what, £8m (?) he was an absolute steal. He was comfortably the best left-back we'd had at the club for years (to be fair, he didn't have much competition there) and of all the left-backs who've gone through our doors since Shinawatra took over - Garrido, Ball, Bridge, Kolarov, Mendy, Delph, Cancelo - I'd say he was the best of them.
that interview he gave looking back at 93:20. He was totally aware of what it meant to all of us. A Gooner mate said to me, he may not be the best but he’ll always run. That’ll do me.

Peter Schmeichel was only marginally better than Seaman during his year at City. Understandably slow to get down to anything low due to his age and a myth has since grown (due to one very good save at Liverpool) that he was really good for us.
Mate come on. I know it was a fair old time ago and the mind can alter things but this is just not true.

Seaman was an absolute joke when he rocked up at City.

Granted Schmeichel had a few injury issues in his year but he did very well for us in our first year back up.

I would also give you Berkovic over Ali but only in the prem. that 2001 season Ali was unreal. Berkovic was very very good but in that season I would give Ali the nod.

If Sheikh Mansour is not going to finance redevelopment of the stadium, what benefit does his ownership currently bring to City?

Mate come on. I know it was a fair old time ago and the mind can alter things but this is just not true.

Seaman was an absolute joke when he rocked up at City.

Granted Schmeichel had a few injury issues in his year but he did very well for us in our first year back up.

I would also give you Berkovic over Ali but only in the prem. that 2001 season Ali was unreal. Berkovic was very very good but in that season I would give Ali the nod.
Totally agree mate.

Seaman was absolutely diabolical for us. He easily goes down as one of the worst players I've seen at City - and I was there is Div 2 etc. He was appalling but at least he had the decency to retire as soon as he go injured. it shows how good the Arsenal defence was if that clown was in net for them!

Schmeical brought some "winning spirit" to the club. He might not have been at his peak but he was superb for us overall and made sure that the defenders did their job. He celebrated when we beat United and he also was the first goalkeeper I can remember who would throw the ball to the half way line just like Ederson can pass it.

As for Benarbia, he'd still get into this City squad now. That debut v Birmingham was one of my favourite City moments. What a player he was, I'd loved to have seen Pep manage him. Imagine Benarbia and Silva playing together... jeez!!

Peter Schmeichel was only marginally better than Seaman during his year at City. Understandably slow to get down to anything low due to his age and a myth has since grown (due to one very good save at Liverpool) that he was really good for us.
He was past his best and didn't make many saves, if we're being honest... but he had an aura about him, had a winning mentality, organised/ shouted at people, etc.

You could see why he had been a legend over the road (will now wash my mouth out with soap & water).

Bollocks!

Schmeichel was magnificent for us and made me realise what he must have been at his peak playing for the rags, a horrible man but for me the best goalkeeper the Premier league has seen.

Seaman for us was a shambles, well past his sell by date and a stupid signing, he was only interested in topping up his pension.

I predicted on here in about 2014 or so that Yaya would become the biggest "rose tinted glasses" player in our history and its already coming true. Him and Dzeko.

People are already thinking that 13/14 Yaya was what Yaya was always like. Rather than the rest of his City career where he stood around in midfield and watched the opposition run past him while pointing at others to do something about it. People remember the times he picked up the ball and drove forward in midfield and think he did this every game - it was actually rare.

Yaya will have the best YouTube compilation of any midfielder in PL history. But he was lazy, didn't press and consistently cost us games in Europe because of it.

Pep let Yaya go on two separate occasions. That should tell you something.

Delph WHEN fit was a very good footballer, sadly his career has been destroyed by injuries.
Clichy was a very decent premier league player , nothing more and nothing less, ANY player that plays regularly in this league is well above an average player.
Zinchenko, not sure why you mention him, a class act on and off the field, a dream man to have in any top squad.
For the exact same reason that you mentioned him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.