What areas in Greater Manchester are blue?

Whalley Range is pretty much Blue. Infact before it closed many 'faces' from the past could be found having a pint in the Whalley Pub on certain nights. Another big Blue area seems to be Burnage. I don't think I've ever seen a Rag shirt once on the numerous times I've been.

malg said:
Leve is Blue.

Tbf From working around there and having friends who live there. I couldn't really say wether it is blue or red, a lot of the people living in leve are international.

I'd say cheadle, reddish, gorton, wythenshawe, heald green, burnage all have lots of blues

Having lived in Tameside most of my life I would say Stalybridge, Ashton Dukinfield and Hyde are probably half and half. Denton is deffo a big blue area though as most of the guys I worked with there were and went to games. If I go out to local pubs in Stalybridge and Dukinfield that show both City and man-ure home games, the games showing man-ure generally attract the most punters.That is because myself and many other blues I know are actually at the stadium watching the game live and not in the pub watching on TV! ...I have shut many an armchair rag up who tries to mock us and our club by telling them "I have been to old shitford more times than you and i'm a blue!"(in front of their rag mates if I can)... This usually shuts them up as they are just rag wannabee know nowts! I have a lot more time for match going rags that actually know their club though.

I was driving through Barnsley a few months after our first Premiership win and as I drove past a school there, I noticed about 5-6 lades playing football wearing a City shirt. I had to smile when I remembered that back in the lean years of the 80's and 90's, many schools around Manchester and surrounding areas did not have 5-6 lads wearing our shirt on their football field when ragmania was rife!

How times have changed. lol.

Re: What areas in Greater Manchester are, iyo, blue?

monkeymagic said:
Middleton is definitely a blue area. Especially last season because a lot of people aren't really into football anymore. They would rather go on a bike ride than watch certain teams play.......
Yeh midd is full of blues, pretty much every pub shows them & other games for that matter. Ocaisionally I go in carsons whenever I cant make a game

Mixing some of the previous posts together, I went to school in the late 60s / early 70s on Princess Road and I recall my class in one year had 23 blues, 4 rags and a Huddlesfield supporter ( a good lad actually). My mates said I was in the "United Class" as no other classes in the year had more than 3 rags. .......it still gets to me a bit.

I live in Wrexham, therefore Borras is blue hard to belive three City households in my street !

Think I can beat the previous poster, I live in a small village just east of Southampton in Hampshire, although born and brought up in Heald Green for first 20 years of my life til work posted me far from home, just in my little cul de sac, I live at no.18 and the bloke next door at no.20 is a ST holder and HAS NOT missed a game since the mid sixties. Home, away or Europe. Another bloke living at no.15 on the opposite side to me is originally from Middleton and goes to as many games as he can too. Needless to say, when this chap moved down from High Lane to live next door to me he was delighted to say the least that he had moved in next to another Blue. Just to even things up, the bloke at no.22 is a Rag but hails from Oxford and has been to the swamp a mere handful of times in his 60 years as a "supporter". I reckon that's pretty good to have 3 households out of 24 in one road in Hampshire all supporting the Blues and coming from Gtr Manchester.

absolutely loads more City shirts around Bury in the last few seasons and nowhere near as many red shirts

glory hunters?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.