What bread is everyone eating

As recently diagnosed as Diabetic, I've been trying to reduce bread / pasta , general carb consumption, but the hardest thing was giving up a nice tuna sandwich.

I'm trying LivLife bread from Waitrose which is half the carbs (10.2 per 100g), but it has a few drawbacks. The Slices are the size of a playing card. It looks like bread, but it barely tastes like it and has a chewy heavy texture.

Lastly it's £2 for a 500g loaf (trust me the Slices are tiny). So it gets quite expensive.

Anyone any suggestions for another low-carb bread ?

Mainly sourdough as the misses makes it but love French Sticks, heavy black Rye bread, wholemeal, ciabatta, as long as it’s from a good bakery I eat it all
I think I'd prefer a carpet tile to rye bread. Those Eastern European breads are a little too dense. A slice of boiled ham is much better on a 'springy' slice.

As recently diagnosed as Diabetic, I've been trying to reduce bread / pasta , general carb consumption, but the hardest thing was giving up a nice tuna sandwich.

I'm trying LivLife bread from Waitrose which is half the carbs (10.2 per 100g), but it has a few drawbacks. The Slices are the size of a playing card. It looks like bread, but it barely tastes like it and has a chewy heavy texture.

Lastly it's £2 for a 500g loaf (trust me the Slices are tiny). So it gets quite expensive.

If bread isn't nice don't get it. Have you tried lettuce tuna wrap?

Heylo , get it on amazon , seeded is the best i find but there are several choices in the range , freezes well as well

The sourdough from Trove in town is the GOAT of all breads. Toasted with butter it can’t be beaten. Has to be toasted though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.