What City's success means to you?

squirtyflower said:
i think you are getting a little head of yourself here

Hey Squirty,

Just wondering - with the SF days away - am I still getting ahead of myself?

Its getting close to a trophy now.

I WAS LUCKY I STATED FOLLOWIN CITY IN 1964, A WET WEDNESDAY, AT CITY i believe we lost, not too sure as i was only 6, but i had the great years, bell lee MERCER , GREAT INDEED, but there is a great era just around the corner guys, it will come, and trust me all that pain will faide away into nothingness, but dont ever forget WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN AND YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR FUTURE JOURNEYS EVEN MORE.
enjoy your time in the sun YOU DESERVE IT.

it would mean the world the last time we won anything was when i was 13month old so ive never experienced us winning anything apart from when we won the lge when we was at are lowest also if city was to win anything i would be out on the town for a while raising my glass to the boys also the mrs wouldnt be be happy but she know its city then her lol

My eldest son was born 4 hours after a game against Liverpool in the F A Cup. I still went to the following home match 2 days later. My second son was born on a Friday evening and again I went to the home match a day later. I stood on the Kippax in those days although I have to admit, I had to leave after 75 minutes! My second son's 1st birthday was the last time we won a cup and I do believe the final is on the same date (28th February, his birthday) this year! Both my sons are season ticket holders as I am.... and my 5 grandchildren are thankfully following in my family's footsteps. They have never seen City win a major trophy or league title, as I have. We all go and watch our beloved Blues, come rain or shine, hoping that this, is going to be our year. I now believe we are on the verge of seeing this happen! This means everything to me and my family. We are true Blues (as we all are on this forum), and I am dying for City to start winning trophies again, so I can share in my family's happiness. "CITY TILL I DIE". You betcha!

It will mean after arguing in pubs and clubs all around the country about how Manchester City were a big club and would one day attract the investment to win things it will have all been worth it. I used to sit in my local in Leeds a few years ago and have the urine extracted out of me for supporting a shit Div 2 club whilst they were in European semi finals........ I'd love to pop back in there now but I will wait until we have some silverware or a Champions League spot.

How the tables have turned!!

Only one thing I will be upset about when it happens, is that my Dad will not be there to see it, he died a few years ago in his 80s, he first took me to Maine Road when I was 9 years of age, that was in 1956 I'm 62 now so I have seen success, my best match was up at Newcastle winning the Division One Championship in the 67-68 season, the drive back to Manchester in my mates VW beetle was fantastic.
My Dad played in the Beswick brass band for years at the half time interval, they also played at the swamp when City were away and he hated going there, he never new about the takeover and the money we have now, but if your up there Dad looking down all that success is coming back very soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.