What City's success means to you?

I cant stand any more where are the Kleenex

Been going for 47 yrs and like most of us dream on a daily basis of success but i think in the near future we will awake and it wasn't a dream

I was born in January 85. Earliest memorys (most of them are from watching the old videos tho) was my dad coming back after having a few pints on the match and sitting me on his knee telling me about the game (whether it was good bad or indifferent). those are the memorys before i was deemed old enough to go on the match.

1992 City v Forest - we drew 2-2. that was my first game and i fucking loved it. We managed to get the middle of the kippax on the half way line and my dad sat me and his mates daughter on the blue barriers. I remember the immortal words he told me, ' Don't move from there, i'll be watching you and whatever you hear today don't repeat to your mam'.
It was the next home game against Oldham when we drew 3-3 when my dad came out with a line that his mate still takes the piss out of him for.

Dad - ' fucking hell McMahon that was shite.'
Dad's mate - ' McMahon's not playing, that was Fitzroy Simpson'

Ever since that day i was absolutely besotted with the blues. I've never tasted success with City apart from the Div 2 play offs and the Div 1 promotion. Every fucker in school was either a Burnley (who took the piss cos they were at the same level as us) or a rag bastard or a scouse.

To pretty much sum it up. My dad made me a city fan, its all we talk about when we meet up. Whether its the good the bad or the ugly or whether its who we're signing or potentially signing. I fucking love the old man to bits and i wouldn't be who i am today without him.

For city to win something like everyone else has been saying, it would mean the world to me.. absolutely everything but not just that it'd mean everything to my old man.

I fucking love this football club with all my heart and all my soul. Nothing will ever come close to how i feel about it.

I'm city till i die, city till i die, i know i am i'm sure i am i'm city till i die!!!!

Happy New Year Blues. One Team, One Family, One City!!!!!!!!

i,ve seen city win almost everything in the past, so i think for most of the lads it will probably be a bit of a shock for the first few mins, THEN WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST AND BIGGEST PARTY THIS CITY HAS EVER KNOWN, not like that lot in trafford who now just take it all for granted as though it,s expected with arrogance?

fbloke said:
I was pondering the change in City's fortunes (pardon the pun) and what it will mean beyond the obvious.

I, for example, have never been able to celebrate a trophy win with my dad and he feels almost guilty having seen so much in the 60's.

My kids 3,5,7.10 and 16 are all kitted out Blues with all 3 kits. As we live in the NE they have been saved the Rag's nasty stuff but they have never flinched from wearing the colours. I simply cant imagine how they are gonna feel when we win something.

Proud of course, but its gonna be more than that.

The changes already show other teams up for their petty mindedness of course but a trophy win will take that off the scale.

Now just close you eyes and imagine Kolo holding aloft the Premiership trophy, wow.

So what will it mean to you and yours?

Until it actually happens i cannot really say other than that it will be of the same emotions i had when my kids were born.

Born in 1982, not seen us win a single significant thing. Never even a semi final, a few quarter finals but that is it.

It cannot describe what it would mean to me for us to win something, I think it would be the most sureel feeling ever, it probably would'nt sink in until a few days later.

All I know is that all the jibe's at school, work, college, from postmen, cocks in my local, other truck drivers (usually cockneys aswell) etc etc will probably run through my mind. I imagine a little smirk would develop on my face and I will be thinking about them talking shite about Manure winning tropheys and that they were there, in the Dog & Duck watching it on the widescreen.

While I and many other fellow blues will actually be there, at the stadium witnessing with our own eyes and ears history being made. Will be a proud moment, hope it actually happens.

I think this thread should be recommended reading for the management and playing staff at MCFC and for anyone who doubts how big City are as a club.

For anyone who has jumped to the end and not gone through all the posts I would like to ask you to read through them as there are some absolutely brilliant posts from real blues.

As the clock ticks its merry way toward 2010 I know I have never been anywhere near this positive feeling for City in my life.

2010 is the year of the real Sky Blue renaissance (2009 was just the warm up, practice year).

Happy New Year everyone and FORZA CITY.

CTID

One Life, One Love, One City. Pride In Battle.

To see us lift a cup would be amazing and I would dedicate it to my dad in his absence. I take you back to Jimmy Grimble and I gauruntee you every single person has been slagged off for supporting City or even bullied about it when the rest around you were rags. Well if we knock the rags out the semi-finals and then beat Villa or Blackburn in the final then that's 34 years worth waiting to end our barron spell without a trophy. It's dream worthy!

Players like Tevez / Given / Bellamy need to write their names into City's history books and what finer way to do than to start our domination of the English game. To win the Carling Cup is looked down upon by many, but to us it would be a clear message to everyone. "City have arrived!"

I have been through thick and thin supporting football with my dad, but he has been through worse.

He was at York and Halifax, he was there at the 5-0 derby loss. He was there in Division 3.... so I think that knowing my dad would have all that pain washed away would be enough for me. My own personal emotions are just a bonus.

Speaking of my own personal emotions, I am the ONLY blue in a school of 500. There are approximately 7 rags, 3 dippers and an Arse in my class. All that (not as much as others but still harsh) hurt would be gone and I could walk around school wearing my city shirt on non-uniform day (4 days after carling cup final XD) PROUD.
PROUS OF BEING A CITY FAN.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.