What City's success means to you?

This might be the best thread I've ever read on Bluemoon :)

Myself I'm 26 years old and never experienced winning anything with City. I grew up in Norway (only moved to Glasgow 3 years ago) and my dad has supported MCFC since the 60s. I guess from the day I was born I've always supported Man City. Honestly I might need to move to Manchester for the 2010/11 season. I honestly think, by then we'll have a world-class team with a world-class manager, and the best owners in the world! As people have mentioned, even just seeing us playing in the Champions League would make me the happiest man alive.
If we won something I can finally feel the joy my old man must have felt during the 60s and 70s. Supporting a winning side would be a totally new experience for me.
At times when I was very young, I have to admit I sometimes secretly wondered why my crazy old man supported such a rubbish team! As I got older he obviously told me about City's grand past, oh how I'd love to experience a new golden age!
My old man is nearly 60 now and I can't imagine what he'd feel if we won something. He used to get stick all the time from a mate and he was a Stoke fan! There was a time when even bloody Stoke was higher up in the league system than us...

We, of all fans, have been through it all but always stood by our club. If anyone deserves a throphy it's us! I can't even imagine what I'll feel if we could ever manage to win the league... Think I'd just be the proudest man ever.

When we last won the championship in 1968, my Dad, brother and myself went up to Newcastle for the match. At the end of the game we were walking off the terraces being congratulated by the Newcastle fans ( no segregation in those days! ) when my brother said " where's Dad ". We looked around and saw him, stood by himself on a near empty terrace and went back to ask him what he was doing still stood there. With a tear in his eye, he asked us to " give him a minute because he may never see this again".

Of course, he hasn't, but next year will see his 89th birthday and it will mean the world to our family for the old lad to once again witness what he never expected to see again.

Thanks for allowing me to indulge in a little personal sentiment.

maineroadman said:
When we last won the championship in 1968, my Dad, brother and myself went up to Newcastle for the match. At the end of the game we were walking off the terraces being congratulated by the Newcastle fans ( no segregation in those days! ) when my brother said " where's Dad ". We looked around and saw him, stood by himself on a near empty terrace and went back to ask him what he was doing still stood there. With a tear in his eye, he asked us to " give him a minute because he may never see this again".

Of course, he hasn't, but next year will see his 89th birthday and it will mean the world to our family for the old lad to once again witness what he never expected to see again.

Great - My Grandad (god bless him) and my dad were there

TO ALL YOU BLUES OUT THERE..... THANKYOU FOR SHARING YOUR MOST INTIMATE MEMORIES OF SUPPORTING CITY. I MUST ADMIT I POSTED MY STORY ON THIS THREAD AND HAVE CERTAINLY SHED MORE THAN A FEW TEARS READING ABOUT EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS. WHEN THE CLOCK STRIKES 12 MIDNIGHT,LET US ALL REMEMBER OUR FAMILIES THAT BROUGHT US INTO THIS WORLD AS TRUE BLUES AND KNOW THAT WE ARE GOING TO BRING HOME MANY TROPHIES IN THE COMING YEARS. THANKYOU TO SHEIKH MANSOUR FOR BRINGING US (THE SUPPORTERS) MORE JOY THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW! A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! X

maineroadman said:

Thanks for posting - it was why i started the thread in truth.

My dad has often told me about being at the Newcastle game, the journey home on the old roads, 5 in an MGB!

I have had been more than a little bit envious of his viewing pleasure.

Perhaps not for that long now though?

ifiwasarichfan said:
After reading Eight pages I have now stopped fighting the Tears and its all getting too much. We all know we deserve it for what we have been through. More importantantly we all know it is coming. Sooner or later - this is out time, it is our past and our present coming together in what will be the most special of moments for everyone of us.

I am begging, begging Ric and the Mods to lock this thread or put it in the classic thread section or whatever they do so we can bring it out again and again and again. Maybe as early as next February - or maybe in May or all the February's and May's that follow.

I know that being a City fan makes me special.

Being a member of this Forum and part of this thread is an Honour and a Privelage.

Thank you all for sharing.

You Sir are a legend - this struck a chord so much deeper than just being a fan - beautiful

Look out side "a beautiful, rare, new blue moon is rising over the City of Manchester"
.....the future is Blue....We have all the stability we need, deep foundations laid over a hundred years ago, our past is the future not just a decade or two. Those days will come again soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.