What City's success means to you?

We've got a good chance of winning one of the cups this season.
If it happens I will divorce my wife and buy myself a Thai import and knock the back out of it all summer.

I will then die a happy man.

I was born in 1970 so whilst technically alive when we last won something ( I was 5 !!) I honestly can't remember. All I DO remember is staying at home withme mum when Dad and my brother went to see City bring the league cup home.

It will be special for me as I have never really forgiven myself for turning down the above opportunity.

Also for my Dad. He's a 71 yr old man now and a grandpa 10 times over. He took me to my first game (palace at home in 78/79 I think - a 0-0 draw followed 2 weeks later by a 3-1 win over Brighton). My best city memory of him though is a night game against bloody Coventry. Sat in the north stand and seeing my old man singing "City....City" at the top of his lungs. I've never celebrated a trophy with my Dad and now maybe I will get the chance.

I hope so. Dads a good man and he deserves it.

CTID

Tommy Dickfingers said:
We've got a good chance of winning one of the cups this season.
If it happens I will divorce my wife and buy myself a Thai import and knock the back out of it all summer.

I will then die a happy man.

Ha ha i genuinely did laugh out loud at that mate ..top post and possibly my favourite alias on blue moon .. top marks blue

I am 35, I cried when Ricky villa scored the winner, cried when I sat in the platt lane stand watching pleat dance a merry dance across the hallowed turf, cried after every shit cup defeat followed by another, as I became an adult the tears stopped I just accepted that we would always be shite, but it never stopped me loving them.

I cant quite come to terms with what has happened, its just to fucking great to take in, I find myself looking even closer when crossing the roads etc, I cant die before we have won something!

up the blues!

Double edged sword for me.

I like the fact that we've been trophy-less. It seperates us, the fans, from those plastic, gloryhunters that succesfull teams attract. It gives us the moral highground and makes us 'proper' supporters. Everyone used to like City. We were fun too watch (usually for the wrong reasons) and we put a smile on peoples faces. We were cool.

Right now we seem to be the club that everyone hates. They've read all the crap that the media have heaped upon us in spades and they've beleived every slanderous, bullshit word. Under intense provocation the Club, and us fans, have shown a lot of class in not rising to the bait.
Unfortunately very few people have noticed the good stuff we're doing now and are slobbering at the gob waiting for us to have a bad game or result. The scorn and ridicule we'll be subjected too will probably leave hitler looking like a saint.

Having said all that i couldn't really give a fuck about other's opinion of us. The majority of 'em don't know fuck all about football anyway. What i would like is a great big shiny trophy to wave at all the piss-takers whilst shouting, "FUCK YOU."

shades of blue said:
I am 35, I cried when Ricky villa scored the winner, cried when I sat in the platt lane stand watching pleat dance a merry dance across the hallowed turf, cried after every shit cup defeat followed by another, as I became an adult the tears stopped I just accepted that we would always be shite, but it never stopped me loving them.

I cant quite come to terms with what has happened, its just to fucking great to take in, I find myself looking even closer when crossing the roads etc, I cant die before we have won something!

up the blues!

What a TOP post. As a Chelsea fan, I totally relate to that.

I was too young when the Chelsea side of the early '70's won the FA cup and Cup Winner Cup. By the time I was going regularly, we were shite and getting relegated. By the early '80's I was going to all matches and the side John Neal put together got us promoted back to the old division one, I genuinely thought I would see us win things, only for John Hollins to fuck things up and get us relegated again - in the old style play-offs against Middlesborough - my worst ever moment as a Chelsea supporter.

Never expected to see us win the league in my lifetime, so when all the success came it's quite unreal. Hope you lot do win a trophy or two, although if you win too many, I'll probably end up hating you as much as I do Liverp**l!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.