What do we actually want?

I expect us to compete first of all. I don't expect to win every game, but too many times this season we've been outplayed by inferior opposition and that just isn't on.
Football would be a very boring sport if the team with the 'best' players won every time mate

All I ask for is for us to regularly get something close to playing at the standard our resources allow us to reach.

If we play most games at somewhere around that level someone else beats us to titles, then they are really fucking good & something to aspire to.
I don't see many blues moaning because Barca or Bayern win the Champs League & we don't. I do see most people moaning when we play like shit against whoever.

This City team should be mainly ranging between pretty good & fucking brilliant with a few average & a couple of shit games per season. If we then lose some games, well played to the oppo. We are actually mainly average or shit, with a few good games & a couple of brilliant ones & have been outplayed frequently. The brilliant performances finished in Sept, apart from away v Seville.

Nowhere even close to where we should be imo, whether we win lose or draw, we should be playing better than this.

Football would be a very boring sport if the team with the 'best' players won every time mate
No, I said I don't expect to win every game. Things happen in games of football and the better team don't always win. What I said was we've been outplayed by inferior opposition, that's a different thing. To get beat at Stoke for instance isn't a novelty, or an embarrassment. To be outclassed at Stoke with the squad we have is criminal. Different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.