What do you miss about Maine Road?

The nervousness I felt outside the stadium walking around to the kippax. Also loved making my way onto the kippax and getting as near to the singing section as possible, hearing the echos from all the songs and clapping was so exciting.

I lived in the south of England and making those trips to Maine Road by myself was lonesome at times but being on the Kippax made it all worthwhile. Sometimes I yearn for those good old days.

The roar from the Kippax when they saw the team emerging from the tunnel.

everything, coms is shit by comparison. Not for build quality but for atmosphere, location, history and that buzz I used to get going to the ground. It's just not there at coms for whatever reason. Don't think I'll ever feel at home there like I did at Maine road.

Being able to pee whilst still watching the game, stood up on The Kippax!! Only get to do this now once a season whilst stood up at Old Stratford!!

Doesn't matter what you think about COMS now, we'll be playing at the 70,000 capacity Etihad Stadium in 5-10 years time...

I've just started my own pre season training. Drinking all weekend and watching loads of old videos. I watched the 1985 promotion game against Charlton. Quick question. How many people were on the Kippax that day & was it legal ? (Yes I know it's really 2 questions). Official attendance was just over 47000. We beleive you Mr Swales!

I'm actually warming to the new stadium now. Its got better facilities than MR. My memories of MR will always a full Kippax with 27,000 standing and the pubs.

Can i mind your car mister .
The floodlights at a midweek night match
Helens bell (not when sat on the row behind me away at brighton long long ago)
Shitty toilets
Old wooden benches in the corner of platt lane
Getting knocked about by police horses outside the old ticket office.(not really)
Not having enough cash so walking from crumpsall with mates knowing you just had enough for a pint or 2 and to pay on the gate.
Sully spitting food all over you while talking (or donald)
All seems a bit sterile now but my son loves it now just as much as i did then and god knows we might start to win stuff finally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.