What do you think about united?

Having had my formative years being when the rags were at full prominence, I was subject to many a joke about being a blue. So I'd happily see them (as others have said) drop down the leagues until they fold under the weight of the debt that they deem gives them the right to outspend everyone 'the united way'

Re: What's do you think about united?

The answer to this question will depend on your age. As a teen growing up in the 90s, although I had a few United mates for the most part I saw them as arrogant bullies. I will never forget walking into school the day after they spanked us 5-0, head down and those twats taunted me and the other blues all day.

Several things I remember about that period that fueled the inbuilt hatred I have for that club now:

- the banner
- the 'City's going down like a Russian submarine' chant
- their 'Massive club' chant (Curly Watts as a celebrity fan, tallest floodlights etc)
- my dad kept going on about how much he hated them, and that a rag had ended Colin Bell's career
- ickle Citeh
- biased commentators on MoTD, Barry Davies being the worst
- jokes about 5 past Tracy lasting for about 3 years
- our relegations and their reaction to them
- they would always bang on about how Leeds were their biggest derby and that used to piss me off
- Ferguson getting away with everything eg driving down the hard shoulder because he needed a shit
- Cantona avoiding prison for his assault
- Scholes avoiding red cards every week
- Steve Bruce scoring an important goal 8 minutes into injury time (And all the subsequent Fergie Time incidents)

- a general sense that the dice were loaded in Man United's favour. So many decisions, so many let offs. Their fans would gloat and celebrate while I would traipse past Swales protests outside the Maine Stand. Maybe it was part jealousy, but it was mainly a sense of injustice, of cheats prospering.

I could talk at length about my total hatred of that football club but I will stop now and let someone else have a go.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Pigeonho said:
jimharri said:
Where's Pam?
I think hers is a faux hatred to be honest. It's too obvious in a trying too hard kind of way.

To me they have their team and I have mine. On derby day, fuck them and anything to do with them. Any day other than derby day then banter galore, piss takes and the usual football nonsense like why other rivalry has in the football world. That's about it.

You know how much i enjoy anti agenda man, cape, pants outside your trousers etc etc but i do wonder about you, you dont seem to get the whole tribal aspect of football. I love that part of it, its all part of the rich tapestry that makes the game what it is, and i think you are missing out a little. Thats your right though, i'm not knocking you, each to their own
Not missing out at all my friend. I've posted enough shite on facebook tonight about champions league night, Rooney watching emmer dale and so on and so forth. Tomorrow if we win I'll do more, but only post match. If we get beat I'll sure as fuck fire be on the receiving end. I'm not missing out on anything. Just because I don't come on here and call every man, woman and child a 'rag', doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good piss take. All in moderation though, and to them personally rather than slagging them on here where they won't see it.

Detest the rats. The whole club and most of their 'fans' are shitbags.

CHAMPIONS YOU CUNTS

Pigeonho said:
Pigeonho said:
I think hers is a faux hatred to be honest. It's too obvious in a trying too hard kind of way.

To me they have their team and I have mine. On derby day, fuck them and anything to do with them. Any day other than derby day then banter galore, piss takes and the usual football nonsense like why other rivalry has in the football world. That's about it.

You know how much i enjoy anti agenda man, cape, pants outside your trousers etc etc but i do wonder about you, you dont seem to get the whole tribal aspect of football. I love that part of it, its all part of the rich tapestry that makes the game what it is, and i think you are missing out a little. Thats your right though, i'm not knocking you, each to their own
Not missing out at all my friend. I've posted enough shite on facebook tonight about champions league night, Rooney watching emmer dale and so on and so forth. Tomorrow if we win I'll do more, but only post match. If we get beat I'll sure as fuck fire be on the receiving end. I'm not missing out on anything. Just because I don't come on here and call every man, woman and child a 'rag', doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good piss take. All in moderation though, and to them personally rather than slagging them on here where they won't see it.

RAG

Pigeonho said:

RAG
Touché!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It needs its own thread because it's a topic that's rarely explored. We all dislike united in our own way and for different reasons. It's worthy of discussion.

I've never denied being an attention seeker.

Agree with your last bit ;-)

I still love you. Your lack of form recently has been noticed by some posters

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=305742&start=90

i'm glad to see you back...
Unlike some I have a life away from this place.

I was wrong about this thread buddy, you've attracted some big hitters, celebrity posters, serial killers and lunatics. Well done, your natural effervescence coming to the fore yet again.

And some thought you'd lost it since Ric gave you a pay rise and a new contract...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.