What do you think about united?

From an outsiders perspective....in the mid 90's, I actually liked them, as they pipped Newcastle to the title.
Then, In December 2005, I moved and worked in Manchester.
I subsequently met the most obnoxious and arrogant bunch I had ever met.
Monday morning at work comments..."we only won 2-0, should have been more..poor performance"...to not even being allowed to talk football if they lost.

My hatred started to grow, and I used to delight in their defeat, I still remember the day at work City signed Robinho, they were complete arseholes.

I believe the Sunderlands fan reaction as Aguero scored and you won the league was representative of the country.
I now have a good few City mates...and I detest them as much as Newcastle.

Our hatred for them has nothing to do with them being more successful than ourselves over twenty years, but more their's and the media's reaction to us and that success that stirs the fires.

Let us remember that before the takeover we were no threat to them whatsoever except for the odd derby win and that was WHEN we were in the same division!

For the rags though winning trophies galore wasn't enough,oh no!They had to put up THAT banner,which never forget was allowed to remain there with the clubs blessing.Their players,manager and despicable fans had to taunt and laugh at us wherever we went, to rejoice in our suffering and rub it in at every available opportunity.

They were and are a vile souless club from the top to the bottom and i hope they slide into such obscurity and the theatre of nightmares is so empty, that for financial reasons they have to merge with FC United and play in a ten thousand capacity stadium at Carrington!!

The fundamental problem with United fans is that in another place and time, they'd all have joined up with the Hitler Youth and subsequently murdered and committed genocide. And for the same reason - to go with the winning side. Until they aren't.

(I find this particular analogy sends them into orbit)

paulchapo said:
Our hatred for them has nothing to do with them being more successful than ourselves over twenty years, but more their's and the media's reaction to us and that success that stirs the fires.

Let us remember that before the takeover we were no threat to them whatsoever except for the odd derby win and that was WHEN we were in the same division!

For the rags though winning trophies galore wasn't enough,oh no!They had to put up THAT banner,which never forget was allowed to remain there with the clubs blessing.Their players,manager and despicable fans had to taunt and laugh at us wherever we went, to rejoice in our suffering and rub it in at every available opportunity.

They were and are a vile souless club from the top to the bottom and i hope they slide into such obscurity and the theatre of nightmares is so empty, that for financial reasons they have to merge with FC United and play in a ten thousand capacity stadium at Carrington!!
I think that banner, and what you've said about it, encapsulates the 'darker' side of my relationship with united.
I think it was an utterly ugly, vindictive, small-time thing to do - and most of all, it was endorsed by the club. A completely disgraceful and continuing act of total disrespect, that went on for over a decade. I get angry thinking about it. Not because of its effect, but because of its cause : a club that has self-appointed 'class', that likes to point and mock a loser, who's based locally, that takes part in the same competition. If that happened on a cricket or athletic pitch the press would be up in arms., but because it's united it's collectively ignored as an affront to sportsmanship.

That banner was a fucking disgrace and they should be ashamed of it.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
paulchapo said:

I think that banner, and what you've said about it, encapsulates the 'darker' side of my relationship with united.
I think it was an utterly ugly, vindictive, small-time thing to do - and most of all, it was endorsed by the club. A completely disgraceful and continuing act of total disrespect, that went on for over a decade. I get angry thinking about it. Not because of its effect, but because of its cause : a club that has self-appointed 'class', that likes to point and mock a loser, who's based locally, that takes part in the same competition. If that happened on a cricket or athletic pitch the press would be up in arms., but because it's united it's collectively ignored as an affront to sportsmanship.

Use more words, wordy.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
paulchapo said:

Spot on GDM!! Let us not forget we weren't just shit for one or two years like they have been we were shit for THIRTY FIVE YEARS and looked like we would be in the wilderness forever.They could have had a few years of taking the piss,rubbing it in but oh no that was not good enough for those vile cunts,they had to go on and fucking on,culminating in that tasteless despicable banner!From their gloating bullying manager right down to the stupid kid from Milton Keynes in his souvenir shop get up to the spineless thugs of the cockney reds they are pure filth!! ......Other than that i don't mind them......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.