What do you think is wrong?

The one who believes Hughes is a tactical genius.

Pellegrini is being honest. We have not been able to rest players like KDB when Silva and Nasri are out. Likewise Sagna, Kolarov
Marvin, where in my post did I mention tactical genius? My point is that I believe that every Manager has a responsibility to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the oposition on a game by game basis and to incorporate some kind of plan into the pre game preparation and team set up. I don't mean by that that you throw your footballing philosophy out of the window in doing that either. The current injury problems make it even more important that you take full account of the oposition and plan and set up based on that, especially when you don't have the players that can execute your normal playing style. Asking Martin to play a high line yesterday when it is obvious to all that watch that he no longer has the legs to execute that is in my opinion flawed at best and negligent at worst. If you think our injury is our only problem then I have to disagree with you.

So why ship out Denayer, buy Mangala, keep Demichelis (to be fair he was our best defender for the two previous seasons so tough decision to axe him, granted); why have NO natural replacements for Silva in the entire squad (we've actually bought just Silva and NO other players of his type in seven years of having this money!); why let Tevez Džeko Balotelli Negredo and Jovetić all go with just one replacement of Bony and a young lad we don't know how good is?

That is an extremely poor recruitment policy knowing we have three very injury prone players in Kompany Silva and Kun. And it's not like we've only just found out. This is the third season in a row they've been out regularly.

Yep totally agree. When you look at that forward line and look at it now that is worrying. Letting Denayer go on loan was poor, and not bringing in a striker even more so. Most called the replacement for Silva before the season started. Plus full backs won't even go there. No matter what anyone thought of Dzeko he could score goals and was more mobile than Bony. The executive team also need to be looked at in terms of recruitment as well as managerial decisions. I personally think we had a stronger squad two seasons ago. It's a worrying state of affairs when we rave about Delph cause he has energy. A good squad player but not top class. Also whilst Kelechi will be a good player we can't put pressure on the kid for the rest of the season to get us goals. The other issue is that if Pellers had given the youngsters game time over the past two seasons we might now have good squad players to come in. He hasn't and now we can't risk them, although would have been tempted to throw Humphreys on instead of Demi yesterday. Couldn't have done any worse. Pellers also puts the kids on the bench to make up numbers rather than any real intent to play them. Whilst Pellers needs to go at the end of the season I don't think the executive team should get off the hook that easily either. Recruitment and Managerial decisions the buck stops with them.

Because had he not done and lost to Hull, you would have all been screaming he disrespected the competition, shat on the fans and blew a wembley trip and you would have wanted him sacked.

Bloke cant win right now.
Nope! You couldn't be more utterly wrong! I'm with Soirano; Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League... If we'd gone out at Sunderland playing a weakened side I - and Soriano - may have been a little disappointed on the night but then wouldn't have given it another thought all season long. Same with the Palace game and the Hull one.

Post match interviews were revealing; Hughes in response to a question 'No, we watched all City games. You have to identify weakness in the oposition and exploit it. We worked on that all week and implemented the new formation to achieve that. The lads executed the plan brilliantly'. Pellegrini ' I am worried that we are playing the same 12 or 13 players in every game and they are tired. It's impossible'.

Which one is Clueless?
Which one won the double in his first season in english football and is through to the last 16 of the champions league.
Yesterday was a dreadful performance,but title winners are allowed to lose matches, its ok,it wont be a cake walk but calling the manager clueless when he tore Sevilla apart with one of the champions league performances of the season is a bit much.A few weeks ago Stoke were bottom.last week Pelle was top,thats football.get used to the ride.

Marvin, where in my post did I mention tactical genius? My point is that I believe that every Manager has a responsibility to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the oposition on a game by game basis and to incorporate some kind of plan into the pre game preparation and team set up. I don't mean by that that you throw your footballing philosophy out of the window in doing that either. The current injury problems make it even more important that you take full account of the oposition and plan and set up based on that, especially when you don't have the players that can execute your normal playing style. Asking Martin to play a high line yesterday when it is obvious to all that watch that he no longer has the legs to execute that is in my opinion flawed at best and negligent at worst. If you think our injury is our only problem then I have to disagree with you.
Managers always big themselves up after a win.

We didn't lose because of a high defensive line, we lot because Demichelis predictably got out run as his forward sprinted on to the cross. It's not our style to defend. We always attack, and I thought we did that reasonably well, we just gave Stoke something to cling on to. They sy scored with their first two attacks. I remember after hey scored, De Bruyne almost got an equaliser. Missing that, and then going 2-0 down killed us.

There are genuine problems that the manager has in getting his team up for every game when its the same small pool of players that are left available.

I don't think he's making the best decisions: Bony and Demichelis for me shouldn't be playing. But I only very recently came to that conclusion. I was in the camp of Bony is a good player he just needs a few goals and he'll come good.

Lets see what Pellegrini does now. I really hope Mangala is restored to the defence. The problem is that he genuinely does not have many options now. Iheanacho can't play against Borussia MGBH, so unless Aguero has recovered we'll be reliant on Bony who has lost all confidence in his game.

Aguero will be rubbish for a month. But there will come a time soon I hope when Kompany returns, Aguero starts to click and we'll see the old City. In the meantime its damage limitation. Successful seasons are often this way.

Which one won the double in his first season in english football and is through to the last 16 of the champions league.
Yesterday was a dreadful performance,but title winners are allowed to lose matches, its ok,it wont be a cake walk but calling the manager clueless when he tore Sevilla apart with one of the champions league performances of the season is a bit much.A few weeks ago Stoke were bottom.last week Pelle was top,thats football.get used to the ride.
Mate, I have been supporting City for the last 50 years so I am well used to the ride. I am also entitled to give my opinion that some of his performances have been clueless and deeply flawed. Having an injury list as long as your arm might be a reasonable reason to set up your team a little differently to negate the strength of the opposition. He did that against Seville but failed yesterday and against Liverpool.

There's a saying which sums us up

'Hard works beats talent when talent doesn't work hard'

The teams that beat us generally outrun us. We carry too many passengers.

Yep totally agree. When you look at that forward line and look at it now that is worrying. Letting Denayer go on loan was poor, and not bringing in a striker even more so. Most called the replacement for Silva before the season started. Plus full backs won't even go there. No matter what anyone thought of Dzeko he could score goals and was more mobile than Bony. The executive team also need to be looked at in terms of recruitment as well as managerial decisions. I personally think we had a stronger squad two seasons ago. It's a worrying state of affairs when we rave about Delph cause he has energy. A good squad player but not top class. Also whilst Kelechi will be a good player we can't put pressure on the kid for the rest of the season to get us goals. The other issue is that if Pellers had given the youngsters game time over the past two seasons we might now have good squad players to come in. He hasn't and now we can't risk them, although would have been tempted to throw Humphreys on instead of Demi yesterday. Couldn't have done any worse. Pellers also puts the kids on the bench to make up numbers rather than any real intent to play them. Whilst Pellers needs to go at the end of the season I don't think the executive team should get off the hook that easily either. Recruitment and Managerial decisions the buck stops with them.
denayer went because Otamendi came in

Everyone thinks Nasri is on his way because there's no place for him long term, and you think we need another player in that position?

We are in the middle of an injury crisis. That's what this all comes down to

If we were losing with Kompany, Aguero, Silva, like we did in previous seasons, then I really would be worried.

The one who believes Hughes is a tactical genius.

Pellegrini is being honest. We have not been able to rest players like KDB when Silva and Nasri are out. Likewise Sagna, Kolarov

Funny how every player when asked says he wants to be involved in every game and hates missing even one game putting at risk match sharpness.

The well held view that it takes some of our key players a few games to find their feet doesn't sit that well with me either.

The game has quickened somewhat from years gone by but so have resources to keep them match fit , diet , support systems etc.

Remember the days when KK played some absurd number of games for Liverpool.

Can't recall his manager complaining too much about him being tired or spent before he even set foot on the ground for any of those matches.

Different players have different needs to get them to their peak each week or each match.

You give them individually tailored programs both pre and during season.

For a side with our set up we sure don't take long to start blaming factors that have little to do with playing an organised high tempo game of football.

Lost count of how many times we went for the high ball in those conditions yesterday which did us no favours whatsoever.

I thought we were a side that liked to keep the ball on the turf and we are unless we put under a modicum of pressure to move it and we are quick in those instances to lose possession.

Again MP was sent to the cleaners ala Klopp style yesterday and offered no hope as soon as we again for the third time this season lost a game in the first 20 twenty minutes although in the past two its actually been before kick off in truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.