What do you think is wrong?

Managers always big themselves up after a win.

We didn't lose because of a high defensive line, we lot because Demichelis predictably got out run as his forward sprinted on to the cross. It's not our style to defend. We always attack, and I thought we did that reasonably well, we just gave Stoke something to cling on to. They sy scored with their first two attacks. I remember after hey scored, De Bruyne almost got an equaliser. Missing that, and then going 2-0 down killed us.

There are genuine problems that the manager has in getting his team up for every game when its the same small pool of players that are left available.

I don't think he's making the best decisions: Bony and Demichelis for me shouldn't be playing. But I only very recently came to that conclusion. I was in the camp of Bony is a good player he just needs a few goals and he'll come good.

Lets see what Pellegrini does now. I really hope Mangala is restored to the defence. The problem is that he genuinely does not have many options now. Iheanacho can't play against Borussia MGBH, so unless Aguero has recovered we'll be reliant on Bony who has lost all confidence in his game.

Aguero will be rubbish for a month. But there will come a time soon I hope when Kompany returns, Aguero starts to click and we'll see the old City. In the meantime its damage limitation. Successful seasons are often this way.
Don't disagree with most of that. You still chose to ignore the central point I am making though, that pellegrini should pay more attention to the strengths of the team we are playing against, to the squad he has available and should set up accordingly.

There are a number of things'wrong' at the moment. Not least of which is the injury crisis. The manager, for me, sounds uninspiring and let's not forget that last season was shite as well. Average players are now being shown up as average without the great players around them.

The biggest problem for me though, is the 'blind spot' the manager has for certain players. If I was being kind, I would blame injuries, but why play Fernando instead of Delph? Why play Bony ahead of Nacho after the Hull performance? We paid £12m for Patrick Robert's who, when I've watched him in the EDS has always looked the business - why not give him a chance - at least in the League Cup? If you are a good quality young player in the EDS at City, you may as well move on to another club rather than stay under Pellegrini because he won't take risks with youth. He moans about players being tired, but he still won't take the risk. Pellegrini is a major part of the problem - sterile, old, lacking in imagination, too set in his ways to take a risk. Time to go - and I wouldn't wait for the summer.

Just to give some balance, there were loads of posters congratulating Txiki on this summer's buys, and plenty welcoming MP's contract extension, a few months back. Those people are rightly staying quiet just now but are probably as pissed off as anyone else.

My point? The forum is prone to massive mood swings and we are all on a low.

We can put a run together and still win this fcuker, given the squad we have got. That should be possible whoever is in the manager's chair but it will be the last season we can get away with it. We need to learn from the low and act affirmatively in the summer. That means a new manager who can pull trees up and a few of the weaker players being upgraded.

There are a number of things'wrong' at the moment. Not least of which is the injury crisis. The manager, for me, sounds uninspiring and let's not forget that last season was shite as well. Average players are now being shown up as average without the great players around them.

The biggest problem for me though, is the 'blind spot' the manager has for certain players. If I was being kind, I would blame injuries, but why play Fernando instead of Delph? Why play Bony ahead of Nacho after the Hull performance? We paid £12m for Patrick Robert's who, when I've watched him in the EDS has always looked the business - why not give him a chance - at least in the League Cup? If you are a good quality young player in the EDS at City, you may as well move on to another club rather than stay under Pellegrini because he won't take risks with youth. He moans about players being tired, but he still won't take the risk. Pellegrini is a major part of the problem - sterile, old, lacking in imagination, too set in his ways to take a risk. Time to go - and I wouldn't wait for the summer.

Good post. I would also suggest a rethink in playing style too, city have almost single handedly proven of late that fast direct football is the way in the EPL.

At the very least look to strike a balance between the two.

denayer went because Otamendi came in

Everyone thinks Nasri is on his way because there's no place for him long term, and you think we need another player in that position?

We are in the middle of an injury crisis. That's what this all comes down to

If we were losing with Kompany, Aguero, Silva, like we did in previous seasons, then I really would be worried.

Pure speculation on both fronts but I think we would have got similar results this season to date had these three players played more games including those we got taken to the cleaners.

If they get a decent run as many say they find form and we get better outcomes but gone are the days when we can rely on them Marvin.

Bony obviously not the answer to Kun nor Oti for Vinny but we really need an overhaul of this squad over the next three windows and by that I mean at least 8 players currently not at the club being first team players by 2017 start hopefully some of them coming from the academy.

Because had he not done and lost to Hull, you would have all been screaming he disrespected the competition, shat on the fans and blew a wembley trip and you would have wanted him sacked.

Bloke cant win right now.

Denayer should have been kept instead of Demi

Everyone thinks Nasri is on his way because there's no place for him long term, and you think we need another player in that position?

Yes I do. Not sure Nasri will come back as strong and we have nobody who is a like for like replacement. If Pellers had given Garcia more game time then at least we would had options.

No it doesn't. Leicester have nowhere near the squad we have and were fighting relegation last year. We are three points behind them. Difference a very good manger. Liverpool have the same players as under Rogers - difference a very good manager. However I do question our recruitment strategy.

If we were losing with Kompany, Aguero, Silva, like we did in previous seasons, then I really would be worried.

Problem is how often are all three going to ever be fit together? Plus you can't rely on three players it's a squad game and therein lies our problem.

Denayer should have been kept instead of Demi

Yes I do. Not sure Nasri will come back as strong and we have nobody who is a like for like replacement. If Pellers had given Garcia more game time then at least we would had options.

No it doesn't. Leicester have nowhere near the squad we have and were fighting relegation last year. We are three points behind them. Difference a very good manger. Liverpool have the same players as under Rogers - difference a very good manager. However I do question our recruitment strategy.

Problem is how often are all three going to ever be fit together? Plus you can't rely on three players it's a squad game and therein lies our problem.

Mate, I have been supporting City for the last 50 years so I am well used to the ride. I am also entitled to give my opinion that some of his performances have been clueless and deeply flawed. Having an injury list as long as your arm might be a reasonable reason to set up your team a little differently to negate the strength of the opposition. He did that against Seville but failed yesterday and against Liverpool.
Nobody questioned your right to to give your opinion ,its a fans chat forum,thats what its all about.you posted and i responded.
I agree, yesterday was very poor,but you appeared to be comparing hughes,who was bottom of the league recently to Pelle and suggesting our manager was inferior.
i dont agree with you.
when we beat the champions 4-0 with a fully fit squad there were no suggestions from others that he was clueless.Pelle has difficulties with a few aspects of english football, but to put hughes up as some form of benchmark is a little rash.imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.