What do you think is wrong?

We're too easy to play against, even the season we won league under MP. He came with a reputation for tactical genius at Villareal and Malaga and the hope was that, combined with obvious quality we have, would be the perfect combo. But we've never seen any sign of how to set up to stop the other team playing.

Nobody questioned your right to to give your opinion ,its a fans chat forum,thats what its all about.you posted and i responded.
I agree, yesterday was very poor,but you appeared to be comparing hughes,who was bottom of the league recently to Pelle and suggesting our manager was inferior.
i dont agree with you.
when we beat the champions 4-0 with a fully fit squad there were no suggestions from others that he was clueless.Pelle has difficulties with a few aspects of english football, but to put hughes up as some form of benchmark is a little rash.imo.
I was comparing both managers post match interviews and their preparation for yesterday's game not their respective careers:-). On the basis of that, I stand by what I said. I am not a Hughes fan, but Manuel's comments after the game as they were after the Liverpool game were poor and give no indication that he has learned anything from these thumpings. That was the intention of my post. He blames injuries and then sets the team up as he would with everyone available. We can't win every game but increasingly, we are getting out thought and outplayed. Yesterday could have been 4 or 5 if stokes finishing had been more clinical. We created 2 or 3 chances. The manager has to be held responsible.

To be honest I don't really get the intricacies of tactics, formations etc. I just see what I see and make a judgement on that. What I have seen over the last few matches is a lack of composure under pressure particularly in our back four. Yesterday was difficult, borderline on unplayable in my opinion, but same for both side of course, but the number of times our players just punted the ball forward into the air was alarming. They look scared of controlling the ball, getting it on the ground and trying to play football whenever we come up against a side who work hard, press in numbers and break quickly. That appears to be the accepted way to successfully play against us and, one way to another, Pellers needs to find a method of combatting it.

I agree with you saying he set the team up as he would normally do.perhaps he should have been less gung ho and concentrated on matching stokes solidity and commitment during the early part of a game at a tricky away ground, and in difficult conditions.He is certainly not above criticism in that regard.i said to others at the game yesterday that even if he had planned to play the same way against stoke on the friday, a look at the weather conditions on the day of the match should have forced him to alter the teams approach, and i was annoyed he went gung ho with three fancy dan players behind Bony at stoke.
I do however feel that the relentless run of injuries and fixtures is going to affect our performances,and there isn,t that much a manager can do about that.
if the players were ,actually feeling sluggish due to fatigue yesterday it may have been too much to expect a high energy performance in those circumstances...take a look around the premier league this season mate,we are not alone in balancing the demands of european football with ever increasing injury worries.
That is why Leicester are top,good luck to them,but if they win the league, and its possible,dont expect them to be playing their particular brand of high energy football twice a week next season. In the modern game,thats just not possible.And we have to be careful, as fans , at this stage of the season,not to over react after a defeat and increase the pressure on our young talented players and whip up the media frenzy for the manager to be replaced,thereby inviting instability once again at City, we have seen how that bring a club to its knees.

If Pep is on his way,all well and good..but until then it would be madness to kick out Pelle and go down the route of a temp manager until the end of the season.
This season will go to the wire, no team will run away with it( altho we looked handily placed to do so when kompany silva sergio and silva were all fit) we have to battle thru the lean times, and i accept battle we did not yesterday,but we are still handily placed in three competitions as we approach the turn of the year....not bad at all City.

The coach got the plaudits when we were successful & winning things in style with the Beast etc.

He must be held responsible now for all the reasons that are so well articulated on here.

As The Sheik said to me at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix last week " it's not good enough,Andy."

We have to become the ALL BLACKS of football,but it WONT happen under this coach now.

Top of the list has to be player recruitment. Yes, the injuries are insane at the moment but if we hadn't bought absolute garbage in Bony and Fernando we might have got something out of that game.

The manager has never been up to the task. He was gifted the trophy his first season in charge. A muppet could've guided us to the title that season. His stubbornness to still select players like Fernando baffles me. He's ridiculously slow, dives in and completely misses and besides making himself look like a complete amateur he then opens a gaping gap behind him. Demichelis this season is even worse. Last season his positional sense was spot on which made up for his lack of pace. But for some reason that has now completely deserted him and he's just a bystander to everyone running past him. Mangala is a calamity and should be either loaned out for a season till he improves his awareness or just sold. Denayer can't be any worse a choice than those two whilst Komps is forever on the sick list. Bony, well what can you say? When he was wearing a Swansea shirt I always thought I wouldn't mind him wearing one of ours. Now I wish he was wearing anybody else's but one of ours! He's static, he can't shoot, he can't run. One decent game in five is simply not good enough at this level. He was a big fish at Swansea and could handle it. He's a tadpole at City and simply can't. Yesterday, collectively, the team were awful. Embarrassing. That has to fall on the manager who simply lacks the ability to motivate his players and lacks the nous to pick the right team and formation to combat an away fixture against such a combative Stoke team. We can all except defeat when there is effort on show and a desire to compete. But this Stoke game and the debacle that was the Liverpool game was simply not good enough. We need a manager who knows when to and can give these pre madonnas a good kick up the arse when it's needed and for himself to have the know how on how to change it when it's needed. And this manager has shown time & time again that he's not the man.

I agree with you saying he set the team up as he would normally do.perhaps he should have been less gung ho and concentrated on matching stokes solidity and commitment during the early part of a game at a tricky away ground, and in difficult conditions.He is certainly not above criticism in that regard.i said to others at the game yesterday that even if he had planned to play the same way against stoke on the friday, a look at the weather conditions on the day of the match should have forced him to alter the teams approach, and i was annoyed he went gung ho with three fancy dan players behind Bony at stoke.
I do however feel that the relentless run of injuries and fixtures is going to affect our performances,and there isn,t that much a manager can do about that.
if the players were ,actually feeling sluggish due to fatigue yesterday it may have been too much to expect a high energy performance in those circumstances...take a look around the premier league this season mate,we are not alone in balancing the demands of european football with ever increasing injury worries.
That is why Leicester are top,good luck to them,but if they win the league, and its possible,dont expect them to be playing their particular brand of high energy football twice a week next season. In the modern game,thats just not possible.And we have to be careful, as fans , at this stage of the season,not to over react after a defeat and increase the pressure on our young talented players and whip up the media frenzy for the manager to be replaced,thereby inviting instability once again at City, we have seen how that bring a club to its knees.

If Pep is on his way,all well and good..but until then it would be madness to kick out Pelle and go down the route of a temp manager until the end of the season.
This season will go to the wire, no team will run away with it( altho we looked handily placed to do so when kompany silva sergio and silva were all fit) we have to battle thru the lean times, and i accept battle we did not yesterday,but we are still handily placed in three competitions as we approach the turn of the year....not bad at all City.
I agree. It's going to be close and we have a good squad. If Manuel is willing to compromise and be more practical when taking account of injuries, we could still do it. Chelsea are gone, Arsenal have as many injury problems as we do. Leicester surely can't keep this going. We have a good chance of doing it but we desperately need a run of form to regain confidence.

The manager has never been up to the task. He was gifted the trophy his first season in charge. A muppet could've guided us to the title that season. His stubbornness to still select players like Fernando baffles me. He's ridiculously slow, dives in and completely misses and besides making himself look like a complete amateur he then opens a gaping gap behind him. Demichelis this season is even worse. Last season his positional sense was spot on which made up for his lack of pace. But for some reason that has now completely deserted him and he's just a bystander to everyone running past him. Mangala is a calamity and should be either loaned out for a season till he improves his awareness or just sold. Denayer can't be any worse a choice than those two whilst Komps is forever on the sick list. Bony, well what can you say? When he was wearing a Swansea shirt I always thought I wouldn't mind him wearing one of ours. Now I wish he was wearing anybody else's but one of ours! He's static, he can't shoot, he can't run. One decent game in five is simply not good enough at this level. He was a big fish at Swansea and could handle it. He's a tadpole at City and simply can't. Yesterday, collectively, the team were awful. Embarrassing. That has to fall on the manager who simply lacks the ability to motivate his players and lacks the nous to pick the right team and formation to combat an away fixture against such a combative Stoke team. We can all except defeat when there is effort on show and a desire to compete. But this Stoke game and the debacle that was the Liverpool game was simply not good enough. We need a manager who knows when to and can give these pre madonnas a good kick up the arse when it's needed and for himself to have the know how on how to change it when it's needed. And this manager has shown time & time again that he's not the man.

Who manages Salford?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.