What do you think is wrong?

Pellegrini's tactics have been found out and he is totally out of ideas as to what to do about it.
In addition the players look to have forgotten how to defend as a team.

I think fault lies on City's spine too... They need to be more careful of their injuries...This cant keep happening every freaking season.. especially Kompany and Aguero. Aguero is supposed to be Ballon d'or contender.

I personally think the injuries, we are not able to rest players, if you take the spine out of any team they will struggle, get some bodies back, get the champs league league stages over with, concentrate on the league, get pellers to sort his fucking hair out and we will be fine.

I agree that all clubs struggle if their spine is unavailable. But I do think we're more vulnerable than most. Our approach just isn't very tactical, its predicated on world class players playing fluid attacking football. If the world class players are available it works brilliantly. If they're not then we're expecting lesser players to come into a team with little structure and tactics and to perform at the same level. Its unrealistic.

Sides with the best defences usually win the league. Ours is a shambles. Unless that changes it won't be happening because we can't even score goals away from home any more. 2 goals in 5 away games. Awful

id disagree with that, id say it's teams with the best attacks, and ours is faltering

Some shameful fucking childish shit on this thread from grown men!

Of course it is. Having lost the game in the first 15 minutes against Liverpool, the last thing we should have done was allow that to happen again yesterday. If players are tired, then keep things compact for the first 30 minutes or so. I'd have played the two Ferns and Delph yesterday, plus Navas and Sterling, told them to keep close to the defensive line and let Stoke do all the running for the first part of the game, while we sit back and look to break. Up front I'd still probably have started Bony in order to give Silva and KDB a bit of a rest. Or we could have started Iheanacho, knowing that he can't play on Tuesday, and given Bony (who was never going to get much out of the Stoke defence) a rest. Then after 60 minutes, if we're doing OK, you could take one of the midfield three and one of Navas or Sterling for Silva & De Bruyne. Then swap Bony & Iheanacho later on.

very good post, its called squad management, you have to wonder what goes through the managers head, its the same system he plays regardless of the players available, its all well and good saying the players didn't turn up-what about the manager turning up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.