What does our squad need for the coming season?

Out.. Gundo,Laporte, Bernardo, Cancelo,Walker, Mahrez
IN: Kovasic, Gvardiol, Wirtz, Sabozlai (sp) , Joao Mario,Arda Guler and Rice.;-)

The #1 thing our squad needs is for Bernardo Silva to stay.

The #2 thing our squad needs is for Phil Foden to take that next step up now Gündoğan has left. He’ll be like a new signing next season if he does that.

We pretty much had the complete team in the final four months of this season. There wasn’t a single weakness in any area. So, contrary to the general theme of this part of the forum, signings are further down the list of important things at the moment and are neither here nor there when it comes to improving us because there’s hardly anyone out there who can improve us at the moment. Being a good team isn’t always about individual talent, there might be better individual players out there to some of the individuals we have but it’s about the collective and our collective best XI at present is perfect.

Mbappe might be a much better player than Grealish but who’s to say that Mbappe wouldn’t actually make us a worse side (not that we’re after or will ever sign Mbappe, just an example)? So sod always looking for a shiny new toy and save on a new £300k a week signing and just double Bernardo’s money to £300k a week!

You never want to stand still but you also don’t always need to change for the sake of changing. Haaland, Álvarez, Foden are all going to develop into better players in the coming years, and the likes of Grealish only started paying well five months ago. Akanji will get better as he settles in in his second season and Aké has been fantastic and will get better again as he cements his place in our defence.

There’s a hell of a lot more to come from the current crop of players we have. We maybe just need more strength in depth - as seen at the end of games like United and Leicester at home when Pep made loads of changes and those coming on made us much worse and games like Brighton and Brentford away where only Foden from the squad players coming in actually played well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Creativity......kdb is on the downside...this injury he has now could keep him out for a bit and we know he won't be able to play at 100% every week.
We have foden and Grealish ( if we lose gundo, bernie and mahrez)
None of the supposed incoming are particularly creative..(.Souness was making some interesting points about Declan Rice regarding this)
We either hold onto Bernardo or go get at least one more creative player

Pace, i know i say this all the time, but we are one of the slowest teams in the league, and getting slower, Brentford showed this, their magical tactic, going man for man it out worked skill. So RW Kolo Muani tall quick can play as a striker, CM Khephren Thuram tall quick very good in the tackle can play anywhere in midfield, LW Nico Williams quick Saka play alike, LWB Alphoso Davis very quick can play LW. 4 players upto £300 million a team that would frighten the world with not necessarily anyone leaving that has not yet gone.

I can understand Gundogan, Walker, Laporte and Cancelo wanting to leave, they have achieved everything they can at club level. Hopefully we can bring on local talent snd bring in players at our level during the summer, but at this moment I would be disappointed to lose Bernado Silva at his age and stage of his career. The next few weeks will be interesting

A fast, direct, two footed right winger who’s good in the air,can tackle like Dave Watson and play in goals.

Job done

As you were.

Pace, i know i say this all the time, but we are one of the slowest teams in the league, and getting slower, Brentford showed this, their magical tactic, going man for man it out worked skill. So RW Kolo Muani tall quick can play as a striker, CM Khephren Thuram tall quick very good in the tackle can play anywhere in midfield, LW Nico Williams quick Saka play alike, LWB Alphoso Davis very quick can play LW. 4 players upto £300 million a team that would frighten the world with not necessarily anyone leaving that has not yet gone.
To be fair mate we already frighten the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.