What got you supporting City?

My Uncle Brian, whom I have to thank to this day!

My Dad was a staunch red and took me there for a few games when i was too young to know any better, However, after my first game at Maine Road with said UB, I was totallly hooked.........close escape though I guess !!

Cheers Uncle Brian!!

when i was 10 i signed up for a manager game at the back of a shoot magazine.it got posted out every month,gave you your fixtutres-injurys-bids on players the whole 9yards,long story short i got city and never looked back

LoveCity said:
A rebellious nature as a kid. Family of reds, even when I could barely comprehend football fandom I was a pain in the arse to my family by wanting anyone but United to win. A little later I decided it was City with the influence of seeing Kinky weave his magic. That and us being the cross-city rivals of my family's beloved scum team made it a perfect match.

Same reason for me, plus my mums ex boyfriend when I was a kid was a rag and a complete grade A cock. Forced me to wear a United shirt during the fa cup final back in the 90s, United vs Everton and Everton won. Piss funny watching that cock having a paddy in his arm chair saying bacon face needs to be sacked! After that decided to go blue just to piss him off mainly, best choice ever made :-)

Timmmmahhhh said:
ban-mcfc said:
i'm a gay twat.

Agreed

no shame in quoting Harry potter.

ME...well five years ago, i was like 14, i saw a video of Joe Hart and thought he was like an AMAZING keeper. I decided to follow his path because it kinda annoyed me that people praised Casillas as being the best keeper in the world by a mile. I thought he would become the best keeper in the world.
I watch one of man city's games, i search of a good team to support cuz I was getting really bored being a neutral. Then i guess i kinda just fell in love, it was love at first site. It was a blurry memory, But i saw sky blue and i felt hope and a bright future.
I claimed that I supported city after that, but i was a bit skeptical about it cuz at that time i really knew very little about the club ( i wasn't following all the EPL business). It took a lot of time before my love for city really sunk in. . .

Tough to support city i think...people call u gloy hunter/merenary. Litterally had no idea about the take over until 2010 when we got dzeko and Balotelli. I was young though, i dint follow the transfer business and the money part of man city and the EPL.
too bad too cuz money kinda ruins football a bit. not in quality, but it kinda shows owners greed and dishonesty and such. like, Two managers sacked in one week?? that was i called fucked up...
CTIC

!967 aged 8the local vicar who was a family friend took me the reason being he was from Newcastle and him being a Geordie ( Bill Hewison Marple Methodist church for any blues in that area who might remember him ) Sat me on top of that bridge tunnel at the end of the Kippax where the invalid cars went under to get to pitch side. Well that was me Blue since that day thank god.
Bill got moved back to Newcastle about 2 years later and within 6 months his eldest daughter was killed in a road accident. Always think of him when we play Newcastle, cheers Bill.

November 1994 made my first trip to England. Had a thing for Manchester, musically speaking, and my first visit included a trip to OT to see City V. Rags. Surrounded by Reds, a 5-0 thrashing, and I still took to City. Have followed since.

Used to mind cars (sorry) never burnt any ! Went to City v Newcastle 69 FA Cup replay when I was 13 - won two nil - 60k - what an atmosphere! Collapsed walls. men wanting to pass me to the back because of the crush when I wanted to get to the front. Big centre forward called Owen scored that night as well as Nellie.
Wonder what happed to Owen?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.