What got you supporting City?

Followed my pal @ the age of 5 in 1968 to Support them,Went in 1970 v West Ham lost1-5 was hooked.Will be there forever,OUR CLUB.OUR TEAM,OUR CITY-Just cant get my head round these Tourists!!!<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:10 pm --<br /><br />Followed my pal @ the age of 5 in 1968 to Support them,Went in 1970 v West Ham lost1-5 was hooked.Will be there forever,OUR CLUB.OUR TEAM,OUR CITY-Just cant get my head round these Tourists!!!

pete1970 said:
Followed my pal @ the age of 5 in 1968 to Support them,Went in 1970 v West Ham lost1-5 was hooked.Will be there forever,OUR CLUB.OUR TEAM,OUR CITY-Just cant get my head round these Tourists!!!

-- Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:10 pm --

Followed my pal @ the age of 5 in 1968 to Support them,Went in 1970 v West Ham lost1-5 was hooked.Will be there forever,OUR CLUB.OUR TEAM,OUR CITY-Just cant get my head round these Tourists!!!

Does that include the tourists that have been trekking to Moss Side and now Beswick every other weekend for 10, 15 or 20+ years?

I only started following football when i started dating my wife so i could have something to argue with her family about. as an american i always really hated american fans as theyre tremendously annoying(or the teenage version of myself thought)Oasis and joey Barton starting to be joey Barton sadly made me aware of city and kind of a fan in that I watched when I could and bought shirts and stuff, plus my wife's family individually like pretty much every shitty "big" team in the area . What really made me a fan i guess was going to a game in I think 2005ish, It was like a scoreless draw w Blackburn. A few months before that I went to a World Series game and I personally thought the atmosphere was 1000x better than that , the people around me were incredible , and seemed excited a "tourist" was there hahah . Been kind of obsessed or more of an actual fan since then.

Last May, until then I had been a few times but wasn't really hooked. Now I wont even leave early (unless I am going to the souvenir shop or a night match/late kick off) but I do still take my camera............... and flask ....................and foam hand.............. and I can't wait 'til we get a drum.

Living in Coleraine - born in 62 - twahcing The Big Match and MOTD - prmoised myself go to first game with my first wages and that's what I did in 78

From about 12 everyone at school seemed to be a red and that pissed me off so I started going with a few mates on the bus.The first time I got on the bus I couldn't believe how many of the lads at school were actually blues.Also my dad used to have a season ticket for Old Trafford for his business ( he is a Blackburn fan ) but later gave up as he thought the fans were just morons watching grass grow.I saw the light from then on.

Law 74 The Sudden influx of the Camera brigade-where were they when we were struggling?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 pm --<br /><br />Law 74 The Sudden influx of the Camera brigade-where were they when we were struggling?

My cousin played for City in the early 80's and would often send me match day programmes via my Grandfather which got me hooked and been Blue through and through ever since as are both my boys, We are as Southern as you can find but the Blue to the core !!!

Supporting City now is like living my dreams from 20 years ago and I can find NO reasons to moan - Just enjoy it as it's magical !!

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.