What got you supporting City?

My Dad isa glory hunting Liverpool fan who has never been anfield and used to support united prior to the 70s. Started supporting city because my Nanna and Grandad were season ticket holders and took me to the odd game when my uncle couldn't make it.

So the choice was being a plastic scouser and never going the match or being a city fan and going plus I live in Machester so it was a no brainer.

My old man was a rag and my brother's a rag. I've always been a contrary bastard, so it was inevitable I'd be blue.

Denis Tueart's overhead kick in the '76 league cup final sealed the deal.

Started supporting them in early 1960s. Was a first generation Manc with no family history so no better reason initially than preferring the sky blue shirts. Oh yes, and the Bert Trautmann story. Once you start watching them, though, you soon get hooked.

Already hated the rags and their fans so that was a no go from the start. Dad took me to my first game around 93-95 and we battered a team 4 or 5-1 iirc. The rest they say, is 'istree.

Being a rebel against parts of the family which are rags and when I decided on a club when I was 10, I first fell in love with Shaun wright Philips and practically the whole club grew into my blood and bones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.