What got you supporting City?

law74 said:
with the amount on this thread that admit to being Blue as they are argumentative cantankerous bastards no wonder we have the odd falling out on here
Would you have it any other way i wouldnt, i would hate to be a rag they are boring thick creatures, have an argument with one its like savaging a sheep

My hubby - first weekend away together in York (NOT YORK AWAY) City playing away at Sheff Wed. We (OR WAS IT HE) decided to go - sat in the home section. Alan Ball was manager Quinny scored we drew 1 - 1. This was probably 19 - 20 years ago unfortunately that was it I've been hooked ever since.

blue underpants said:
law74 said:
with the amount on this thread that admit to being Blue as they are argumentative cantankerous bastards no wonder we have the odd falling out on here
Would you have it any other way i wouldnt, i would hate to be a rag they are boring thick creatures, have an argument with one its like savaging a sheep

It can be quite fun at times though.
A mate from school (long time ago) now lives in Preston and still goes to Klanfield quite often, but last year we were chatting about life and cricket on FB when the rag twat that annoyed us all those years ago started coming on and spouting 20 and other such rubbish, I just ignored him until I got home after the QPR game and then every couple of hours or every day depending on if I was online or not, tagged him in another photos of that great day.

he took the huff and blocked me from his account.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 pm --<br /><br />
ob said:
Living in Coleraine - born in 62 - twahcing The Big Match and MOTD - prmoised myself go to first game with my first wages and that's what I did in 78

Glory hunting soft southern cockney sheepshagging twunt. :-)
(would that have been about the Healy Wade McCoy era?)

Great thread.

Spent a summer in England when I was young and the people I stayed with were all United fans. Accordingly, the first match I ever watched was a City-United derby in the late 90's/early 2000's. I rooted for City at the time because I loved their colors and badge and because they were such underdogs to United.

Didn't watch a single premier league match for years - in fact, not until the first City match against Swansea last year: what a breathtaking display. That fall I began playing football for the first time, inspired primarily by the magical David Silva, and now play nearly every day and watch City every week.

So, it was the colors and the rivalry with United that first attracted me to City. And it was the players (namely David, Sami, and Kun), the manager (Mancini - the suavest man alive) and the style of play (no wingers, but rather an interchanging quartet of attackers) that brought me back and made me a fan for life.

All my mates were City fans. I was a rag (hangs head in shame) and kept getting stick, so I changed sides.

In my defence, I was 5, and this was 46 years ago.

The only live football on the telly growing up in Ireland was the occasional England international match.
Watched Franny Lee playing a blinder for England (circa 1970). Decided he was my favourite footballer but had to wait until the next day to ask in school who he played for.
Followed City since.

Chippy_boy said:
All my mates were City fans. I was a rag (hangs head in shame) and kept getting stick, so I changed sides.

In my defence, I was 5, and this was 46 years ago.
Turncoat you shouldv been hung upside down outside the swamp and thrashed as nobody ever ever turns their back on the kings of Trafford...or so they keep telling us.

Welcome Chippy glad you seen the light

My dad was a rag (his family all Blues!) who took me to Old Trafford one week and Maine Road the next but it never felt right at the swamp. The decison was clinched on a hot summer's day in 1966 or 67 when George Best visited our school. The school was run by Nazi nuns who regarded City fans as pagans and more or less suggested we would go to hell if we followed City. Anyway we were forced to line up in the sun for what seemed like hours waiting to see George Best who was presenting a football trophy (along with Matt Busby). At the age of seven I was getting more and more fractious in the heat. When they got to me I was asked who I supported (with the obvious inference that the answer should be United) and I spat out my reply: "City."
Went down like a lead balloon!
I have never looked back since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.