What happened with Rio? (merged)

dario2739 said:
Has the video been studied? I mean, skysports footy matches are filmed in HD these days, and i'm pretty sure that if studied frame by frame you would see an object hitting him, and also the direction from which it came. Watching the clip in real time you can't see anything, not even a blur of motion!
Why does this keep popping in my head..?
article-1311963-074E77A1000005DC-639_306x414.jpg

yeah seen at lunchtime.defo a coin.you also see a lot of misses on the ground.

johnmc said:
Imagine how this argument about incitement would go down in other sports.

McIlroy holes a putt at Medinah and raises the club pointing at the crowd only to get pelted by nickles and quarters. Carl Froch celebrates his Montreal win over Bute by celebrating, jumping on the ropes telling the crowd he has just beaten their man - the crowd rush the ring and jump on his head.

But they would have had it coming.
Whilst I'm no fan of the incitement argument, your analogies are very silly.

The video I've seen is inconclusive.

Coins coming from both ends. Difficult to establish when the impact takes place, but going off his facial reaction it's when he's facing the Utd fans

Based on what people have said in this thread, both sets of fans were throwing coins which could have caused injury

SWP's back said:
johnmc said:
Imagine how this argument about incitement would go down in other sports.

McIlroy holes a putt at Medinah and raises the club pointing at the crowd only to get pelted by nickles and quarters. Carl Froch celebrates his Montreal win over Bute by celebrating, jumping on the ropes telling the crowd he has just beaten their man - the crowd rush the ring and jump on his head.

But they would have had it coming.
Whilst I'm no fan of the incitement argument, your analogies are very silly.

They were meant to be. Whats the difference though with a boxer bouncing on the ropes after beating a home favourate giving the crowd some back after taking stick and Rooney sliding on the floor at ours?<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:42 pm --<br /><br />
cheddar404 said:
Maybe if a golfer ran towards the spectators with veins popping out of their face, aggressively shouting "come on" he might get twatted.

Very unlikely - but if that happened youd agree with it?

Ronney,Rio and Weldick should all be held accountable for the incident .They instigated and remember when Ade did that against Gonners we got so much heat.

Greater Manchester Police have confirmed that a drug testing kit was also thrown at Rio Ferdinand but he somehow managed to avoid it.

(off twitter)

Re: What happened with Rio?

billfromthehill said:
Josh Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
And Josh Blue would be saying it was an unbelievable shot. Twats like Josh Blue don't realise the possible implications of throwing hard metal objects at someone playing a game of football though, because twats like Josh Blue are exactly that - Twats.

Ohhh fuck off you two. It wasn't an inch lower was it. Pigeonho just because you've had a few beers don't come on here trying to pick an argument, go wank off to the X-factor you sad bastard.
haha city aggro allo allo

haha!

dario2739 said:
Has the video been studied? I mean, skysports footy matches are filmed in HD these days, and i'm pretty sure that if studied frame by frame you would see an object hitting him, and also the direction from which it came. Watching the clip in real time you can't see anything, not even a blur of motion!
Why does this keep popping in my head..?
article-1311963-074E77A1000005DC-639_306x414.jpg

[bigimg]http://i.minus.com/ibtMkRBCY1QdFH.gif[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.