What happens when Robinho is fit? Bellamy to replace SWP?

skybluekings said:
I am 100% sure that when Hughes was recruiting the likes of De Jong, Barry, Adebayor, Tevez etc that he used Robinho as a selling point of the quality at City. How can you bench one of the best players in the game?

Robinho hasn't had the chance to play with the new talent we got this season for any length of time due to his injury, so its hard to accept that he shouldn't be afforded his chance like everyone else. He was our top scorer last season and made Ireland a better player with their link up play.

Robinho has brought respect and many new fans to City. Do we just bench him now? That wouldn't be fair at all and if this were to happen I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave.

Robinho took alot of abuse in world football from all international sources imaginable when he joined and he always stood up for City. Even before this season started his belief in City was reaffirmed by him stating we can win the title when every one else in the team was saying top 6 is the target.

Benching Robinho when he hasn't put a foot wrong this season seems harsh.

Spot bastarding on.

Daviesmcfc said:
Bellamy and Tevez are both far better options than Robinho. Robinho will have the odd world class game but then he will be awful for the next five games. He has no consistency and he is awful away from home. With Tevez , Bellamy, Adebayor and Ireland, we don't need his creativity. He shouldbe on the bench when he is fit and I expect a massive increase in work rate for him to get a regular starting spot.

We don't need his creativity!! I think we do!! How can he increase his work rate when he is sat on the bench, I expect him to leave in the transfer window, because a player of his age, creativity and ability, won't be happy on the bench. Like Dunne, Petrov was almost sold on the last day of the last one, according to some reports so could be a few departures in the next one.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again. If we want to be a top team then benching Robinho for games is not going to help us.

He will be on the bench for his first game back and then if Hughes has any sense which i think he has then he will be back the game after.

The only world class player we have and you don't go benching world class players.
Totally disagree, Robinho's done nothing for him to deserve him going straight back into the team.

Apart from his 14 goals in his first fecking season???! For christs sake.

Some interesting points in this thread, I just think that at the moment Bellamy is undroppable. He's a real threat going forward, works incredibly hard and he scores goals, thats pretty much the full package right there. When Robinho is fit the only person I can really see him replacing in the starting eleven is SWP who is going through a bit of a rough patch. Stevie Ireland is back in contention now, Kompany not far off and Robinho to follow, but for me if Robinho does regain a place in the first team it can't be at the expense of Bellamy. You don't drop in form players.

Robinho is one of the few players in World football who whenever he gets the ball you rise to your feet in anticipation. Tevez seems to be more of a workhorse so I would put Robby behind Ade and Tevez to right midfield. Bellamy has to start on current form but Sweep sadly is not good enough for the quick incisive passing football we are playing.

I honestly think Robinho has to earn his place first. SWP's work rate and sheer enthusiasm is what is keeping him in the team and if SWP scores one, he will rattle a few more in.

People are saying it's a good competition to have but really, is it?

We're gonna have SWP, Bellamy, Barry, De Jong, Ireland, Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Petrov all fighting for 6 places. This equals unhappy players. The competition we have at the back is ideal - this is too much.

I maybe expect Hughes to sell one or 2 in January but I honestly don't know who.

SWP can't moan if anyone replaces him for the next game , he wasn't up to scratch last night ....... he's got to realise that he's not at the City of six or seven years back , and that this is a whole new 'animal' he's rejoined ...... like he found out whilst at Chelsea , if you don't do the business with this amount of quality in the squad you're askin' for trouble!

It's not about Bellamy vs Robinho but rather SWP vs Robinho.
Bellamy is the natural right foot player. He cross and pass best when playing on the right side.
Petrov or Robinho on the left, whichever is the best for me though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.