What happens when Robinho is fit? Bellamy to replace SWP?

skybluekings said:
Bellamy can't be dropped right now based on current form and Robinho is a £32m world class player (let's not start that "world class" debate again). Yes there will be debate over Robinho and his form away from home etc, but image wise and the global vision of the club it is important to the club to have Robinho playing, whether or not some of us think he shouldn't.

Would the solution be to switch Bellamy to the right and have Robinho on the left?

I say yesd defintely, Sweep isn't performing well enough at the min!

Whoever is most in form at the time will play. For Hughes to do otherwise is bad management.

Past reputation counts for nothing and there's no room for sentiment. People still love SWP, but they love the SWP of old, not the SWP that is playing for us now. In my opinion he is the one who needs to up his game and return to his old ways because otherwise he'll bring being dropped upon himself and right now that's something no player at this club wants given how exciting times are right now. The fact that Capello didn't choose a player who has been a regular under him tells you all you need to know about his form right now.

You can't drop Bellamy for anybody at the moment, his work rate, covering and goal scoring make him a cert for the first 11.
Robinho is a class act but will not cover the left hand side of the pitch, gives the ball away far too often and disappears away from home.
If anybody is facing the axe it is SWP, he is driving me to distraction at the moment, but to be fair he does cover back but his distribution in the last third of the pitch is bloody woeful.
I wouldn't be surprised if Robinho was for the off in January tbh and would we really really miss him too much?
Not sure if we would.

smeeagain said:
robinho is NOT world class ,sorry

FFS.... Say's who?

If you mean not in consistency then you have a point... but definitely world class in anybody's book... on ability alone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Only at City would we be having these discussions.

Robinho's got to be given the chance and I believe he'll have an even better season for us than he did last year. Main worry being his covering for Bridge; if that's addressed then the team have got some good times ahead. Unfortunately for SWP and Tevez they'll be going back to what they left their older clubs for, which is sitting on the bench.
If* this lot are all at the top of their game it's a worrying team sheet for the opposition to look at.
Code:
           Given
Zab   Toure  Lescott  Bridge
     De Jong
                   Barry
           Ireland
Bellamy             Robinho
         Adebayour

*all if's and buts and players on paper though.

Tevez's chances are going to come when Robbie does have his 'off' days (even then, he has Petrov to battle with), but I'm afraid Shauny's days are numbered, barring any 'golfing' incidents and the like from Bellamy.

Tevez did not come from the Swamp bench to sit on Gods own team's bench. I don't think he'll be best impressed if he's picking up splinters again for long periods this season.

C_T_I_D said:
Tevez did not come from the Swamp bench to sit on Gods own team's bench. I don't think he'll be best impressed if he's picking up splinters again for long periods this season.

I agree entirely, but am struggling to see how/when he'll replace Ireland/Robinho/Bellamy apart from off the bench.
Nice problem though.

Scott Howard said:
IMHO Robinho should play. He makes things happen out of nothing and attracts the attention of the opposition leaving a bit more time and space for our other players; for example I don't think it's coincidence that Ireland has not hit his heights of last season in Robinho's absence.

On current form it's SWP to make way for me, Bellamy down the right.

I agree 100% with this whole post. We have lost a bit of creativity recently with the injuries to Stevie and Robbie. I think Robbie needs to be plugged back in with Barry behind him. Barry is not near the passer that Stevie is. Robbie can give any defence a fit obviously. My starting lineup after the break would be:

Given
Richards-Toure-Lescott-Bridge
Bellamy-Barry-Robbie
Stevie
Tevez-Manu

I do miss Richard Dunne though to be honest. We should have hung onto him and moved Toure out right.

SWP has been poor for a while now he keeps giving the ball away and is giving little going forward. SO on current form SWP on the bench and Robinho in. HE can play on the right anyway so its not a problem.

No way Bellamy will be dropped at the moment hes our best player.

SWP hasnt been the same since he went for chelsea. Before he went he was untouchable, now he ant seem to be able to take anybody on.
I have every faith in his ablility, but something is wrong. Hopefully if he loses his place in the starting XI, he will fight harder to get his spot back.

Beginning of this season I didnt think we'd need Bellamy but hes holding us together as a whole.

What a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.