What happens when you die?

You cease to exist, but a question to all those who have used mediums have the persons who have contacted you through them ever said where they are? who's there? what's the weather like and can you get a decent live stream to City games...oh a decent pint.

as a young person,death can seem terrifying,as an old person you are more able to take stock,do an audit as it were;is your life more joy than sorrow,does it bother you when you struggle to do simple tasks,like moving,seeing,hearing.Are you a burden on your family,does anyone care if your life goes on.The idea of an after-life is the bed-rock of religions,manipulated to suit their agenda, playing on the fear of dying,endemic in all life forms.God says do this,god says you cant do that,go to church,give generously and you will live forever.Without any evidence whatsoever,thats where 'faith' comes in.Your choice.There are worse things than dying,a life full of pain for one,with no hope of relief,in the words of the song 'death where is thy sting'.

mammutly said:
I don't know what happens after death and neither does anyone else. The absolute certainty of non religous types is misplaced.
impossible to argue with that, if there was proof of some sort of 'heaven',what would be the point of living?

bellbuzzer said:
mammutly said:
I don't know what happens after death and neither does anyone else. The absolute certainty of non religous types is misplaced.
impossible to argue with that, if there was proof of some sort of 'heaven',what would be the point of living?

The certainty of some religous people is equally misplaced.

Complete belief in a heavenly afterlife has allowed people to do some terrible things. The point you raise is a good one - some people are so certain of heaven, they see no point in themselves (or other people) needing to live any longer. Suicide bombers being the prime example.

mammutly said:

absolutely correct and it also applies to the certainty of religious types of the afterlife.

mammutly said:
bellbuzzer said:

Complete belief in a heavenly afterlife has allowed people to do some terrible things. The point you raise is a good one - some people are so certain of heaven, they see no point in themselves (or other people) needing to live any longer. Suicide bombers being the prime example.

Why only some?

pee dubya said:
mammutly said:

Why only some?

i'd be interested in why only some as well, unless that was a faux pas on your part

bellbuzzer said:
mammutly said:

Why does there have to be a point of living?..we are only animals at the end of the day

only seperated from other species by our abillity to reason

being dead will be just like before you were born

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.